web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Hurst89 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,

I'm new here, but from reading it seems to be a great source of knowledge. Our family has a small farm office that uses a Prostar 816 phone system. With cell phones and e-mail, we hardly use the phone much, so I am having our office service decreased form 3 lines to 2 lines. Currently, the fax machine is on station 9 (9 lights up on the keysets when it is dialing/receiving) with an analog port. This port is currently configured to receive faxes through line 2 and dial faxes on line 3, but after tomorrow, line 3 won't be connected. How do I reprogram this analog station to dial out on line 2 while keeping it receiving faxes on this line?

Thank you!

Hurst

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Have you done technician level programming before on this phone system? If so, we can help. If not, then you will have to get a hold of a vendor to be able to assist you with this change. One thing you can test is make line 3 busy. Then attempt to send out a fax. If this works then you may not have any issues. If it does not work you need to get someone to make the changes for you.

Hurst89 Offline OP
OP Offline
I've got the complete programming manual with both consumer and technician programming, but am not sure what this feature is called in the manual. I do also have the tech password for our phone system as well, so that is not a problem.

pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Never worked on that old system but if it's anything like the newer ones look for trunk group programming.I would imagine it is dialling a 9 to get an outside line so if that is the case then trunk group 9 would need to have line 3 removed from it so it won't try and dial out on it.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
It's going to be hard to find a tech that can help you with this one so I don't think it will break the rules to tell you what to do. Plus the system has been EOL for 20+ years.

Sounds like taking 3 out of the 9 trunk group is all you need-

#20 (passcode) 1 # to enable programming
#47 Dial 9 Group
The display will probably read [11100000] These are the 8 lines, 1 means it's in, 0 is out. Retype in [11000000] then press # and line 3 will be removed from the 9 group.

Hurst89 Offline OP
OP Offline
That did the trick. Acruelly mine was programed 11111111, so I guess if I had restarted the ksu without a line 3 it would have defaulted to line 2? Anyways, it's programed to 11000000 and working great. Thank you all!

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 136 guests, and 236 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024