web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Anyone having audio issues on 60D phones? We constantly get complaints that customers can't hear or be heard. WE have adjusted according to ESI tech support but is fix one issue and break others. Plus the 60 Speaker volume is very low along with ringer volume. Also the 60D's don't sound very well on speaker phone. I just replaced a 60D in conference room with an analog polycom on a ESI analog port and it sounds great. Just wondered if anyone else is having these issues?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Which system? We have several hundred 60D phones in customer's locations and no one has these issues. We have over a hundred 60 IP phones and there are no volume or clarity issues.

If the phones were first generation 60D, there were volume issues, but most of them were solved with phone firmware upgrades.

I do recall there was an issue on the CS 600 regarding volume issues and the 40D and 60D sets, but, since we have several CS600 customers, I think the system software upgrades and telephone firmware upgrades took care of those issues.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
The systems are ESI 50l and ESI 50. we don't have hundreds in the field but we have probably 40 and at least 15 have issues. As far as upgrades we have upgraded until we are blue in the face. When they adjust the gain via support it causes other problems like white noise. It's not the co trunks because we have them with At&t, charter, century link and via copper and fiber all low volume. I don't have any on PRI or SIP

Adjusting the gain, system wide, is the last thing you want to do if the problem is with a few phones and not the whole lot. This is one of those situations where you scratch your elbow and your hand falls off.

OK, my first thought is to take a 48 key or 30 key or whatever you have and know is working and replace the 60 with it and see what happens. Also, if you look on the main board, you will see the +12 Volt test point. What is the voltage?

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
OP Offline
As far as I know there aren't any individual gain adjustments on ESI on a per phone or per co line basis. That's why I said that any gain adjustment on handset will affect side tone for the user system wide. The mic cone range is really poor for the new handsets compared to the 48 key handsets. The mic gain goes up to help with audio outside the ESI system it increases the hiss and white noise.

Had the same problems on two of our 50 systems. The software upgrades didn't fix them. We got so fed up with the time spent adjusting and testing we just told ESI to send us new equipment. Once we installed the new hardware, we had no more issues.

Last edited by breeze; 02/20/17 09:22 AM.

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 107 guests, and 246 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024