web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
So we went from 8 POTS lines to 4, as we don't need as many any more. Of course, what I didn't think of was that this feature requires using a POTS line to accomplish. Basically a customer calls in, leaves a message, and then cascade levels are checked to see who to send the voicemail to.

I read the POTS line part here:
https://sundance-communications.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/ubb/showflat/Number/562258/Searchpage/1/Main/80555/Words/mailbox+cascade+notification/Search/true/Re:_Outgoing_number_on_PRI#Post562258

But that makes sense, and isn't a problem as I only need 1 POTS for fax, 2 POTS for dial up modems, and this one. However, I have tried swapping our new RJ11 jacks around on the patch, and I can't seem to get any of them to pick up this process in the Intertel system. I have made about 20 test calls today, and a customer made 12 last night, and only 1 has made it to the second cascade level (somehow bypassing my phone which should be first..?).

Does anyone have any insight in to how a line that also has an associated mailbox with primary message notification is getting out?

Here are a bunch of screenshots with (hopefully) all the information needed. I will gladly PayPal $25 for the solution!

[Linked Image from cdn.pbrd.co]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
So after swapping things around, I found that swapping back to a certain phone number on our old provider, it works again. So I have 2 different phone numbers than what the Intertel system is expecting I guess? Is it hard coded in the system to only use a certain phone number? I was running on the assumption that it just picked the first available line to go out on.

What is the Cascade Level outbound access? The phone is set for ARS, is the mailbox the same? It could be set for a trunk group which is no longer valid.

Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
Do the following screenshots answer your question?

[Linked Image from image.ibb.co]

Maybe. I see that the phones use 9200(ARS)for outgoing, but the mailbox uses 9201. Try changing the mailbox outgoing access to 9200 and test for remote message notification.

Snorri Offline OP
OP Offline
When I changed it to 9200 but left it in our old provider, it still rang out on the POTS line with the same phone number.

On 9200 on our new provider, it does not go out.

I am assuming this is because the voicemail cannot go out on the PRI.

Any other suggestions?

I went back to your original post about adding the PRI, and your notes here about removing half of the POTS lines.

I would start by confirming that your trunk group programming is correct, along with ARS. Have those missing trunks been removed from the trunk group(s), and are the remaining lines connected to the correct ports? Can you dial the trunk access codes and identify the lines?

Are the proper trunk groups in ARS and are outgoing permissions correct. Looking at the screen shots of your database I can see that it's a mess, so you have definitely have a challenge.

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024