web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#60855 11/05/08 07:17 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello,
Trying to set up a simple message a caller will hear after a set amount of time and then put them back in the same huntgroup.

I have impel setup.
Caller calls in and gets a basic announcement that they they can either search the directory, enter an extension or stay on the line for a custrep. As soon as the mesaage is played the caller is routed to huntgroup 2015. this huntgroup has two keyset lists. The first contains 4 extensions and the second list has 6 extensions(4 original + 2 extra). When the callers has gone through both key set lists i want them to get a message that they can either go into voice mail or stay on the line. right now, when both keyset lists time out the caller gets the same message as they got when they first called the number.

thank you

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

#60856 11/07/08 05:18 AM
Not sure what model Inter-tel system you are trying to configure (Axxent, Axxess, 5000, etc) but I think it's pretty universal that you want to setup an Overflow annoucement that will trigger from an Overflow timer.

You can set a call routing application to be the overflow that will give the caller the options you desire.

Again, I'm not sure what system you are on, but this is how it basically works on an Axxess system.

#60857 11/07/08 05:20 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes it is an axxess system and thank you. ill experiment with it and see what happens. Thank you

#60858 12/17/08 02:47 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
maybe a little but more input please. i have the inter-tel 8.1 software controlling an axxess system and only one application answering all trunks. I have a day greeting there now and want to have a secondary message announce that there is a heavy vall load and they will keep their place in line and continue to hold. Whats the best way to do this? Please be specific where in the software i can do this. New to this software. thanks again

#60859 12/17/08 04:01 AM
Go to Call Routing Announcements in the VM and right click in the right area and add a CRA. Go to the Day and Night greeting and delete number 1 and choose an unused number. Record the greeting. Go to the hunt group and add this new CRA as an overflow and then under hunt group timers make sure that your recall timer is extended out and your overflow timer is set to something like 30 secs. This will play this greeting starting at 30 secs from the announcement timer and replay every 30 secs until the recall timer kicks in. Hope this helps.

#60860 12/17/08 04:03 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
Ill will give this a shot. im a bit dense. What does VM (voicemail but where do i look for it/)stand for?

Btw why o i have to add a new cra? I already have one that i want to use a the first CRA but then just have a message stating that thy are next in line

#60861 12/17/08 05:44 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok i created a new cra called overflow (i know, not very imaginative). i pointed the cra to the right day and night greeting. went over to the huntgroup the first cra routes all the incoming calls to and changed the overflow value to the newly crated cra value. How does it know to keep the caller in the same call order? also, i have the first cra's recall destination to the orginal hunt group. is that right? do i need to add a value for the recall of the new cra?

#60862 12/17/08 05:10 PM
Originally posted by SeaTec:
How does it know to keep the caller in the same call order?
Because when the timer expires and the CRA is playing the call is more or less 'conferenced' in while the call continues queueing.

Make sure in your announcement and overflow CRA's the timeout value is hangup and not to transfer to the hunt group again. I know it seems backward, but if you don't set it to hangup then the caller will be transfered back into the hunt group they were already queueing in as a new call, losing their place in line.

60% of the time it works every time
#60863 12/18/08 12:31 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks SoCalJake, that would be an important piece of information right there. lol, telling a caller he/she wont loose her place in line and promptly putting to the back of the queue. Not good. THanks to all of you guys. I got it working and once you work out the logic its really not that hard.

#60864 12/18/08 12:36 AM
SeaTec Offline OP
OP Offline
Where are the time out values? never mind . found them

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024