web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
tim01 Offline OP
OP Offline
When a call comes through our TalkPath Auto Attendant, it won't allow:
1. A direct dial to one particular extension (107)
2. A menu prompt to that forwardst to that extension (press 2 for sales, which is extension 107).

In either case, all it says is "Please hold while I transfer you to", and then disconnects after a few seconds.

Internally, we can call that extension fine, and dialing 440 and the extension also works. FWD button is programmed like the others, and HPT button is set on H like others. Also swapped phones and still the same thing.

Under Subscribers, Mailbox Settings and Extension Settings are the same as others.

Ideas?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Set Talkpath extension 107 for first action blind transfer in extension settings and see what happens. Make sure your menu keystroke 2 is set to extension 107 Make sure your phone set has line appearances for all lines (if it is squared) or loop keys if it is not.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/10/17 04:38 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
tim01 Offline OP
OP Offline
Changing to Blind Transfer allows the transfer, but only after 30+ seconds. What does that mean?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I would access the mailbox from the phone and make sure that the owner didn't turn on any extended options, like call hold or something like that. I would also check the name recording, could be they have 30 seconds of silence recorded instead of a name. I once had a customer record their name as "I don't know how to use this damn thing" and the caller heard "please hold while I transfer you to: I don't know how to use this damn thing" every time they dialed that extension thru the auto attendant.

Last edited by Derrick; 03/10/17 06:24 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

tim01 Offline OP
OP Offline
I deleted the offending Subscriber (107) and then created a new 107, using as a Template one I knew worked. This did the trick. Must have gotten corrupted.

Thanks

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I should have thought of that, I have done the same thing a few times back when I still worked on these things.

Congrats on finding a fix.

www.myrandomviews

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024