web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#608712 03/10/17 07:27 PM
OP Offline
HI! Just looking for some ideas for a Small town Hospitable conference room,, The IT guy has asked me for a quote,, i have not been there to see the size of conference room ,, but he wants :
-1 good sound quality coverage,possibly speakers in ceiling.There is drop ceiling.
-2. I believe the existing PBX is Older Meriadian, Polycom on analog port? with extended mics.I will have to ask if they have future plans on upgrading PBX.
I know i don't have all the site details ,, i just want some feedback.Oh and they want the work order out by end of March.

Last edited by ATechguy; 03/10/17 07:28 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
I like what you said about Polycom. Very good units.

I second Polycom.

John 807
OP Offline
HI! Yes i thought about that ,,he sounded like he wanted more coverage ,, would the 2nd polycom just bridge off the 1st .Not sure what model they have. He suggested a unit with ceiling speakers.

Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
More coverage? Is he talking about incoming voice or outgoing?

Polycom is the way to go, but there is no "output" to external speakers that I have seen. Personally I wouldn't bastardize a new unit to accomplish that.

If he's talking about incoming, turn up the volume...if it's outbound, get the model that you can add mics.
Don't know of anyway to "bridge" 2 Polycoms. Maybe contact Polycom for their advise.

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
OP Offline
Sound room coverage ,, they have extended mics on the Poly,, just looking for alternatives , you know how people are,, thats why i am seeing if anybody else has installed any other brands that use ceiling speakers that worked as good as Poly? Thks

Years ago I did a conference room option with ceiling speakers. The caveat was it worked like the listen feature on a Norstar. One guy would talk on the handset and the whole room heard the conversation. If I remember correctly I used an adapter that would bridge the handset to an amplifier or p.c. input (maybe got it from Sandman) then connected to an amp and ceiling speakers. Again the drawback was the outside callers could only hear the guy on the handset.

John 807
OP Offline
TOA makes good quality sound equipment , that has ceiling speakers for conferencing ,,i have used there paging amps with music,, I may check that out ,,Thks for ideas. If anybody has used a conferencing system with ceiling speaker?? Was it worth it ?? Thks

Last edited by ATechguy; 03/11/17 10:44 AM.
The newer Polycom units have external speaker jacks and can be daisy-chained. I've used the VTX1000 with external mics and ceiling speakers, with excellent results.

We're using BiAmp equipment in our new conference center, with iPads to control the phones, AV and lighting. Honestly, the high-priced ceiling microphones don't sound as good as a Polycom sitting on a table.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by DND ON
The newer Polycom units have external speaker jacks and can be daisy-chained. I've used the VTX1000 with external mics and ceiling speakers, with excellent results.

We're using BiAmp equipment in our new conference center, with iPads to control the phones, AV and lighting. Honestly, the high-priced ceiling microphones don't sound as good as a Polycom sitting on a table.

Thks. I haven't got all the info , but i suspect they are using an analog port off the meriadian ,, I see VTX can use analog, thats great ,i will look into That more. Thks again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 93 guests, and 235 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024