web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
I'm working on an Axxess 9.1 system, and Here's what's desired: A DID that goes to a hunt group - if the call is unanswered in the hunt group after so many seconds it needs to go to a voicemail box. Sounds easy enough, right?

Well, when the call was unanswered by the hunt group it never went to voicemail (which I had routed via a CRA assigned as the Overflow) and the call would eventually be disconnected by the teleco.

So I set it up to transfer to the hunt group from a CRA. I have the DID pointed to the CRA which then points to the Hunt Group and when the overflow timer hits it goes to Voicemail, just as I want - BUT callers hear a "Please wait while your call is transferred to ext xxxx". I don't want that. I set the "Auto Attendant Transfer Prompt" to "No" in the Voice Processor section. I even gave it 24 hours and had it perform a reset overnight and the prompt still plays.

Any suggestions on solving this using any method is appreciated. I bet I'm probably missing something obvious, but I just can't see it.

Rx

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have set this up before and found that problem if using the Overflow or Announcement to send the call to the CRA. If I use the Recall in the Hunt Group I believe it will work like you want. I think it has something to do with when you use the Overflow or the Announcement to do this, the call stays in the Hunt Group so it will not follow the CRA Timeout Destination. Using the Recall from the Hunt Group takes the call out of the Hunt Group.

The announcement and overflow fields should never be a terminating route. In other words, they play prompts and back out. The recall is the proper way to do this.

What extension is it announcing? The voice mail app?

60% of the time it works every time
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
That makes sense - I set it up as suggested and it works fine. Thank you.

It was announcing the transfer to the extension of the voicemail box.

Rx

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Gary S.), 141 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024