web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Temporarily cut dropped call still connected CIX670 : B--U CIX40A2 : GCTU2

As reported to me by my users: short drops but call is still there - Happens frequently. 10 plus times a day 2 remote sites.
It sound like muted neither side can hear for a short time 1 to 3 seconds.
USER A: another cut out for a few seconds
USER A: cut out for a second with pt
USER B: cutting out again 2x
USER B: my phone cut out now
my phone just cut off twice back to back like a sec each

Complete drop - only reported once.
USER A: was just on the phone & lost my call completely
USER A: & next to me phone cut out at the same time

Strata unifier Status
Offsite office A: Maximum Delay (ms) 4719 / network delay calls 6
Offsite office B: Maximum Delay (ms) 3766 / network delay calls 2
Main site Maximum Delay (ms) 1204 / network delay calls 1

CIX670 : B--U CIX40A2 : GCTU2
Equipment Version: AR5.20 MT055.00

We have 2 PRI
on avg only 12 lines used at once. not high volume at all.

anyone have any tips to resolve this issue?

Equipment Type: CIX670 : B--U Equipment Type: CIX40A2 : GCTU2
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Strata unifier Status Maximum delay really bug me.
I can ping those IP from my computer and dont get ping times any where near 4000 MS - is this normal for the Strata unifier Status? i would think they should be down around 1 or 2 ms like my pings
ping - bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=64

Pathping results
0/ 100 = 0% |
1 1ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 192.168.15.71

OP Offline
added note: the cut/dropped calls only happen at my remote site not at the main site where CIX670 is at, but where I have CIX40A2 : GCTU2 equipment.

My phone support tells me it must be a network problem but i dont see any issues on the network.

OP Offline
is there a diagnostic program i can run on the phone system to see if it is failing? any help would be greatful here.

There isn't any diagnostics utilities in the Toshiba CIX systems. More then likely your only tools are external tools like PING and Wirshark.

I would assume that both PRIs are at the main site, since you can't add a PRI in a CIX40. Also I am assuming that the calls are going through the PRI to site B through a VPN between sites.

Lost audio is typical of IP packet drops. I don't know how many times I have heard an IT guy tell me that the VPN is rock solid, only to find an unstable VPN connection. In the past I have found the source of the problem to be the VPN connection, the ISP, or an IP conflict with the Toshiba equipment.

If you can get the IP address of the MIPU or GIPU card at the remote site I would do a continuous ping to that Toshiba equipment. The Strata Unifier does not handle calls.

OP Offline
David,

Thank you for the fast reply.

There is no VPN involved. It’s Fiber (100Mb) connection via Century Link Meshed fiber network with a path between Site A and Site B.

We are going through a Wireshark log now. Any ideas of what to look out for?

Ping monitoring for 70 minutes has 3863 pings with 19 lost/timeouts ( .49% loss rate)

OP Offline
Is there a way to set voip traffic priority to high from the phone system? Equipment Type: CIX670 : B--U Equipment Type: CIX40A2 with Network Emanger or other tool?

Wireshark has a lot of nice utilities to analyze VoIP traffic. Under Telephony look for RTP and it will analyze the traffic showing packet loss and delay.
Under 1% is not terrible, but I like it as close to as possible. Each packet loss could be a couple seconds of no audio.

Traffic can be prioritized. DiffServ is a pretty common method as long as your carrier supports QOS tagging. You will probably need to talk to Centurylink to see how they would like the voice packets tagged for QOS. Adding QOS could help. DSCP and TOS are supported, along with 802.1P.

Do you have a Toshiba tech you work with? QOS is something that you may want your Toshiba tech to enable for you.

dos Offline
0.49% loss on a one second interval ping usually turns out to be a much higher loss rate on a smaller interval. If you can ping with something that allows a shorter interval, such as a Linux machine, you may reveal a greater loss rate with a 0.1 second interval.

In any case, try to determine if the loss is happening on the CenturyLink connection or if it's happening on a local segment. Cheap switches might choke on higher packet rates generated by lots of IP Phones, possibly mixed with other traffic. Not sure what types of switches you have or which are involved.

OP Offline
we are still having the same issue.
We have reset all the setting to defult
prioritized Traffic enabled QOS tagging
we talked to Centurylink.
we upgraded the firmware and the support guy i am working with says we have done all the steps toshiba would help with and passed it off to an IT problem with the network.
we have 100Mb fiber to remote sites and 300Mb to the main site.
we have Sonicwall routers and HP procurve switches.

we have done wireshark no packet loss or corruption.

any ideas?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 154 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024