web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
How do I adjust the timer for IC calls forwarding to voicemail without messing up all the other forwarding timers in the system?

I have unanswered IC calls being forwarded to voicemail, but it takes 10 rings before the call goes which is way too long. Regular calls go to voicemail in only about 4-5 rings which is sufficient.

I'm aware of the "System Forward Initiate" timer and the 2 "No-Answer" timers, but I'm betting they will change everything - not just IC calls.

I heard about using a separate forwarding path for IC calls, but I'm not sure how to set that up.

System is Axxess 9.1 with EM.

I appreciate any and all help,

Rx

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you're already using system forwarding it only seems like 10 rings because the double ringback on IC calls is quicker than standard ringback. Both IC and CO calls use the same timer.

Try this: Set the Different Ringback Cadence-IC/CO station flag to NO and try again from your phone.

60% of the time it works every time
racer x Offline OP
OP Offline
I actually timed it and you are correct, both IC calls and CO calls are forwarded to voicemail after 20 seconds of ringing.

Since they use the same timer, which timer is it and what else does it change if I adjust it? I'm guessing it may adversely affect hunt group forwarding timers and other stuff.

Also, is there a way to "trick" the system into having the IC calls forward to voicemail in less time than CO calls? I read about a trick being referenced in an older post in this forum but it didn't get into detail.

Thanks for the quick response,

Rx

They both observe the System Forward Initiate timer. Adjusting it shoudn't hurt if you shorten it, but if you extend it beyond the Transfer Voice Processor, Attendant and Busy timers then you could have issues. In either case, hunt groups don't observe this timer (or any of the others I mentioned).

As for a "trick", I think you're referencing this. Look in SYSTEM->STATION RELATED INFORMATION->SYSTEM FORWARDING PATHS. Find the path with forwarding point 1 that shows your voice mail application. This is where your calls go after the System Forward Initiate timer expires. The trick is to make another path with your extension as point 1 and voice mail as point 2. This way after the System Forward Initiate timer expires the System Forward Advance timer begins and the call continues to ring your phone. Then when the System Forward Advance timer expires forwarding point 2 is executed.

Add this new path to your stations forwarding path list, set the call criteria appropriately so that IC calls use the original path and all other calls use the new path and you're set.

Unfortunately you'll have to make a dedicated path for everyone needing this.

60% of the time it works every time

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024