web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Othman Offline OP
OP Offline
I got LUADS door phone but could not figure out how to connect it to my IP Office 500 v2 9.0. Any idea where to find the instructions?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Online Happy
Moderator-Iwatsu

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
If I remember correctly the LUUDS connects to a co trunk port on the avaya phone system and the LUADS connects to an analog port ext. You'll need to have an available analog station port on a combo card or an analog phone module. If it only needs to ring phones then setup the short code to dial the hunt group. If you are opening a door lock then you'll need a door controller.

Is this basic or essential, I've had problems with setting up analog station door phones on basic system. For example when you press the call button, the inside phones will keep ringing after the call has disconnected.

Othman Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by JBean3329

Thanks, the manual does not say much.

Othman Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Commshark
If I remember correctly the LUUDS connects to a co trunk port on the avaya phone system and the LUADS connects to an analog port ext. You'll need to have an available analog station port on a combo card or an analog phone module. If it only needs to ring phones then setup the short code to dial the hunt group. If you are opening a door lock then you'll need a door controller.

Is this basic or essential, I've had problems with setting up analog station door phones on basic system. For example when you press the call button, the inside phones will keep ringing after the call has disconnected.

Many thanks Commshark, I'm no expert but I will do my best.

Originally Posted by Othman
I got LUADS door phone but could not figure out how to connect it to my IP Office 500 v2 9.0. Any idea where to find the instructions?
That doorphone predates the IPO by decades so you aren't going to find instructions because the IPO wasn't invented yet. It was meant to be used with the Partner system which had feature provisions for it's use. The IPO has no such provisions so, like anything with that piece of junk, you have to jump through hoops to get it do something.

You would be better off with a doorphone from Valcom or Viking that will work directly with an analog trunk port.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Of the more recent AT&T/Lucent/Avaya SMB systems on the market, only the Partner had provisions for LUADS. Even the Merlin Legend and Magix did not directly support them (though it is possible by using a combination of a loop around and hotline designation). Even then, it is still a bit of a compromise.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Well, JBean linked to the correct manual, which pretty clearly tells you what you need to do to make it work with an IP Office:

Use an analogue station port, set it to IVR, and make it hotline dial the destination you want the door calls to ring to.

Last edited by Touch Tone Tommy; 05/30/17 06:29 PM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 107 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024