web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
HI! Just a quick question on The Sandman Door boxes ,, do i need the Controller also if i am using it on a Analog station port setup as a hotline to ring ding group?? I know the unit is line powered ,, or i will go with a Viking E-30EWP . I have never used the Sandman products. Its going on Samsung DS616 ,,I can't get samsung doorboxes they don't make them anymore. Thks for any help.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OK, OK, I'll be the one to say it...Do you suppose that Sandman has the answer?

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

OP Offline
Authur,, That's why i posted here , 1 person said no next time i called the other person said yes , so i will bye a Viking mystery solved.

Have you checked the refurb market for the Samsung door boxes? I know nothing about the product, but maybe there are some out there?

BTS
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Looking at the Sandman box,I would assume you need the controller to activate a door lock and to provide the talk battery.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Originally Posted by BTS01
Have you checked the refurb market for the Samsung door boxes? I know nothing about the product, but maybe there are some out there?

Unfortunately the aftermarket on these is almost non-existent. As soon as Samsung EOL'd them they vanished to dealers stocking up for use and because they were not easily repairable they're aren't any true refurbs out there.
Oh and they are a finicky PIA to install! Much easier to just use a viking on an unused CO Port with a controller such as the C250

Last edited by Genesiscomm; 07/27/17 10:07 AM.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by BTS01
Yes , i did, its not worth buying unless its new.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by pvj
Looking at the Sandman box,I would assume you need the controller to activate a door lock and to provide the talk battery.

Which Viking models work on a a Samsung Analog station setup as a hotline ?? I thought a line powered Viking would work and the Analog station port supplies the talk path?? If anybody has installed 1 on a Samsung which model , least expensive , most expensive ? For the door strike i am keeping the old door phone connected in the the phone room so they will be able to use the door strike , analog port -Name will be Rear Door on display they will push the Old dss button for samsung module which then gives them the display open button. Its funky but they don't care. Any Viking Model Suggestions ???? Thks.

pvj Offline
What about the E-10? All you need is essentially something that goes off hook if you're connecting it to an analog station port

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/product-details.php?pid=429

OP Offline
Originally Posted by pvj
What about the E-10? All you need is essentially something that goes off hook if you're connecting it to an analog station port

https://www.vikingelectronics.com/product-details.php?pid=429
I originally tried a E-10 it was noisy ,like hum ,i tried everything to get to work it did ring ringroup 503 ,, i sent it back.. the link u sent is the newer version E-10A so it should work without the viking controller , question is is the Samsung analog voltage enough to power the viking , it needs 18v,20 ma , i am going to measure the analog port off hook, will update.

******Update measured on hook analog port volts 53.9vdc ,,off hook 9.9vdc, when you call an ext. it is 11.5vdc its not enough to power the viking it need s 18vdc. So you need the controller . So thats why the other unit was humming. DOOH!

Last edited by ATechguy; 07/27/17 01:47 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,099 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,799 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Professor Shadow, Toner), 178 guests, and 244 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024