Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
I have a customer with a CIX 100 with a digital phone in the warehouse ext 230. Who because of noise cannot hear it ringing, is there a way to hook an analog ringer up to it without giving ext 230 to the ringer and a phdn 230 on the digital set


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 574
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 574
There use to be a pad that you could put under the phone that would make a loud bell work don't know if you can still get them long time since I worked on Toshiba I'm use to working on Samsung on them you can program a analogue port to work and ring at same time of digital set

Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 77
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Sep 2006
Posts: 77
For a quick and simple fix you can connect an amplified horn to the speaker on the set, or go with the Toshiba provided BESCB1A adapter with a horn.


"The difficult we do immediately. The impossible takes a little longer"
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Likes: 4
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Jun 2005
Posts: 2,654
Likes: 4
You can not have an analog station ring with a digital extension. Here are some of the options you may have.
a) as mentioned, use a BESCB1A with an external horn. You will need a DP5000 series phone or a BHUE adatpor for DKT-3000 series phones. I have used this with IP phones for I paging.
b) also mentioned, open the phone and attach the speaker leads to an amplified speaker.
c) Change the digital extension to something else (330 for example). Assign 230 to an analog port. Put PDN 230 onto 330 so it will ring when 230 is called, and set VMID to 230. The display will say 230, but it will more or less work like ext 330.
d) Use a age Industries PI-DKT adapter to convert a digital extension to a paging port. Assign an extension to this digital paging extension and add ext 230 PDN on to the keys assignment. Whenever ext 230 is call the extension attached to the PI-DKT will also ring and will ring over the paging speaker.

Off the top of my head, these are your options. I would go with the BESCB1A option if you can put the horn near the phone.

If the paging amp is too far from the physical phone, I would consider using the PI-DKT, assuming they are still available. Or, if not, use an old phone and cut the speaker leads, and assign the PDN 230 to this phone extension.

Last edited by newtecky; 09/10/17 08:34 PM.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,830
Posts636,773
Members49,645
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
Florencio, HtownDan, Kerry2362, Lorena Catalan, SWB, telecom5000, Tex Tel Marine
Newest Members
Marjan Shaw, KoolBreeze, PhoneGuy827, julesm, Helen.D
49,645 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
ramo 12
pvj 11
Toner 9
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, Touch Tone Tommy), 176 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5