web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

As part of our preparation for a major number port we have WireShark capturing packets on both the Internet and LAN sides of the firewall. We are capturing on both sides because the firewall is always the first [through fiftieth] place that VoIP providers seem to point their finger at before they get engaged in the actual troubleshooting process. By doing this I believe we are ready to address the normal support pushback. I may spin-up a Linux box with VOIPMonitor or the like to further streamline the VoIP packet info gathering.

So I am looking for suggestions beyond the 'normal' VoIP troubleshooting steps that are specific to the ESI Communications Server, ESI SIP trunks and ESI support. I remember reading a while back the idea of asking the user to double-tap a button on their ESI phone when they are having an audio issue to produce an easy to find entry in the CS's logs. I took a quick look on this site and did not find the reference. I believe the button was either the Record or the RDL but those are guesses. But that is an example of the sort of suggestions that would be helpful.

Currently my 15 minutes PCAPs are weighing in at about 1.5GB and they ONLY have packets related to the CS1000. When we port the major numbers we should see a 200-300% increase in call volume that would get the PCAP files closer to 5GB each. I cannot see ESI getting very excited about receiving a 10's to 100's of GB of PCAPs to sift through so if there are any breadcrumbs we can place in the CS1000's logs that would be great.

Best Regards!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

If you hit the RECORD button twice it will give a marker for the support team. It just sticks out in the logs and is easy fro them to find.

OP Offline
@oobie,

Thank you so much. BR

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,445 Shoretel
188,299 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (pvj, Keyset6), 186 guests, and 157 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024