Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
pakos Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi, any idea how I can reset the admin password for the device manager or installation tool (office serv 7100) ?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I've PM you with instruction on how to do this buddy.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The instructions will differ depending on the version of software you have on your system.

pakos Offline OP
OP Offline
I have the OS7100 version 5.01

Please can you send me instruction too.

Thank you.

Since the instructions are different for each version on how to update the default admin password for Installation Tool. What are the instruction for 4.95 version. Also when trying to access the system via URL we keep getting a Java error just so I have the answer is the URL even used by anyone?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You will need to use Internet explorer in compatibility mode for the web DM to work.

Hi,

I just got a job as an IT professional for a company that has a Samsung OfficeServ 7200 that requires additional programming. The company that installed and serviced this phone system has since gone out of business, and the owner of the now defunct telecom business is not returning my phone calls. I need to be able to reset the DM username/password without resetting the entire system to default settings if possible. Can anyone help me with this?

I cannot access the version information for the software installed on this PBX as I do not have the technician passcode. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also need to reset the admin password for the device manager or installation tool officeserv 7100. I have the office serve 7100 MP10a V4.6

Can you PM me the process to reset the DM password on a 7200?

Originally Posted by Paolo1867
I've PM you with instruction on how to do this buddy.

Please can you do the same for me, our previous IT guy left taking this details with him. We have a Samsung 7200.

Regards and thanks
Pete

Regards
Pete
Please could you send me the instructions as well, just inherited a 7100 from a new site with no documentation on it at all.

Regards,
Seaman

i just got my MP10a back from warranty repair and I can't access through the DM, I tried changing the default following the old steps but it only gives me the option to default the TECH or Customer 1, is there a different procedure for v5.01?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The process changed for 5.01.
You now require a serial cable
It's a command you have to run in linux (you access this via the SIO port on the MP10a).

Is there a procedure bulletin on that or can you email me the steps?

I would like the directions for 5.01 sent to me too if possible?

Can you pm me the instruction to reset admin password for v4.9x-v5.01?

I have a 7200s with 4.95 software that suddenly has changed the admin login password. None of the default passwords will let me in. Can someone send me the instructions to reset/display the current password? One of my distributors sent me instructions for different systems but they only send temp passwords that expire in an hour. Is there a permanent password for each system or are there only temp passwords?

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Please see the reply to this same question in your other post.

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
What Linux command do you run?

Originally Posted by nameless
The process changed for 5.01.
You now require a serial cable
It's a command you have to run in linux (you access this via the SIO port on the MP10a).

Last edited by Temperor; 02/01/19 06:49 PM.
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
That kind of information is not going to be discussed in the open forum

Can someone message me with the info?

Originally Posted by pvj
That kind of information is not going to be discussed in the open forum

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
I believe you can get a temporary password from your distributor that is time sensitive.

• When you are onsite contact your distributor to request a temporary password
  • Use the temporary password to gain access
  • Once you have access change the admin password immediately.

Dean
Photographs:

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Nevermind. I thought after software version 4.9x-5.01, Samsung blocked the ability to change the administrator password. I just tried on a v4.95 machine, and I was able to change the administrator password.

I know how to get the temp password.

Thanks!!

Originally Posted by Professor Shadow
I believe you can get a temporary password from your distributor that is time sensitive.

• When you are onsite contact your distributor to request a temporary password
  • Use the temporary password to gain access
  • Once you have access change the admin password immediately.

I just tried on a v4.99, and v5.01 machines. That temp password method won't work. You won't be able to change administrator password unless you use the SIO method. Can someone send me instruction on the SIO method?

hello samsung officeserv Send an admin password reset instruction from the 5_01 sio port?

hello samsung officeserv Send an admin password reset instruction from the 5_01 sio port?

Originally Posted by Temperor
I just tried on a v4.99, and v5.01 machines. That temp password method won't work. You won't be able to change administrator password unless you use the SIO method. Can someone send me instruction on the SIO method?

Hi guys,

I have the same problem as all of you. I joined a company that has a OfficeServ 7200, but no documentation whatsoever.

The old IT team didn't leave anything behind and we don't have local (reputable) support to refer to.

I need to reset the admin password in order to regain control of the appliance.

I've researched quite a bit on the internet and tried everything to no avail. The default credentials (when using IT Tools from Samsung) doesn't work (**** + ******).

Can any of you please share the procedure with the serial cable on the SIO port?

Kind Regards,

Per the forum rules please do not post any passwords in the open forum

Last edited by pvj; 05/31/19 12:57 PM. Reason: passwords
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
What processor do you have? If is a mcp or mp20 the sio procedure doesn't apply. It also doesn't apply unless you have 4.99 or higher software.

Hi,

As I don't have any logical access to it, other than physical access, I don't know the firmware/software levels.

I've downloaded the "OfficeServ Manager" and the "Installation Tool" from Samsung to try and get more info on the appliance.

Using "Installation Tool" I can browse a few system files, and the oldest ones are from 2012, which is consistent with the information I got from the finance department regarding what year the appliance was bought.

I don't know if it was ever upgraded.

Is there a way I can see that information you requested?

When looking at the front of the appliance, you have 6 modules. 3 on top and 3 below. The one on the top left corner has a label "MP20".

Is that what you mean regarding the processor?

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Mp20 is the processor.
This means you have a os7200

If you can get into customer level programming, go to mmc727, this will tell you the version of the mp20 software.

It could be anything from 4.30 to 5.01, likely older unless it was upgraded.

Officeserv manager is no good to you.
Installation tool depending on the version of the mp20 software may help.

Since you have a mp20 you should be able to contact tech support and they can give you the temp code to reset the password.
The sio method doesn't apply to your system.

This has been extremely frustrating. I've called Samsung support on Portugal, Brazil, UK, Mozambique, Namibia, South Africa and the US and no one seems able to point me in the right direction.

The support from the otehr countries don't even go further because they say this system was not sold (and therefore supported) in their region.

It seems it was/is sold mainly in the US. I've tried calling the US support phone number, listed on their webpage, but the experience has been dreadful. Two times they told me to call other regions, close to where I live (Namibia and South Africa) and the other time the support rep was able to provide me (after 20 mins on hold on an international line) with a SAMSUNG phone number that *might* be able to help me. Called that number without any luck as no one picks it up.

I have worked with several different types of corporate hardware (servers, storage, network, voip, pbx, access points, battery systems) and never ever have I found a piece of equipment that would not allow resetting the administrative passwords via physical access to the equipement.

This is a first, and is very frustrating. Feel like smashing the thing to pieces. This experience with SAMSUNG support it adding to this sentiment.

Do you happen to know any support line and can call to?

There is one way you can tell what version of software it is that you have without going into programming. If you are on site. You can remove the sd card and put it into a reader on a laptop or pc. Look at the files in the sd card. There is a MPS_Vxxx.pgm. This file will have a number after the V. That will be what software version you are on.

Hi Biztel,

I actually managed to do the same yesterday using the "Installation Tool" software. It has a "File Control" option/button that allows me to browse the files and which ones are being used on the boot process.

The file name is MPS_V470.PGM, hence version 4.70.

So you can use file control on IT software without actually logging into the system? IT doesn't work on v4.70 you have to use DM 4.7 or later for it. If you attempt to use any lower DM it will tell you invalid password even though it's not because you can't select the encrypted option. This became enabled during 4.65 software for security purposes.

YEs. On IT I can brose the files without logging in. If I select "Connect" on IT it then asks me the Tenant password.

Browsing the files I see two MPS files. The (I'm assuming) original one, MPSV460B.PGM file (withouth the boot option enabled) dated from the year 2012, and the more recent one (MPS_V470PGM) dated from 2013 and with the boot option enabled.

There is also a file USR.DB (Which I'm using it's where the user accounts are kept). If so, are there not workarounds involving this file? Another files I have access to that might be of interest are the SYS.DB and STARTUP.INI

When using DM v5, I'm also requested to log on.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Usr.db and sys.db do not contain user account information.
Startup.ini tams the system which of the 2 files on the sd card to boot from.

You will need the mmc reset method to reset the admin password.

You will need to either contact a dealer or tech support to obtain the method.

Can you PM me the process to reset the DM password on a 7100?

Hello Everyone, can someone send me the instructions on how to reset the admin (DM) password for an OfficeServ 7200? My clients reseller/support company went out of business so I cannot contact them. And also the Samsung support number is no longer working. Thanks!

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Rule's of the Forum:

"2. Please do not post passwords or any other privileged information in the public forums. As a rule of thumb, if the information is not in the users or administrators guide, do not post it in the forum. If you wish to relate such information in regard to a post, you should do this by sending a private message or an email to the poster."

Have you tried the default password? This can be found with a simple internet search, for example: https://www.pbxmechanic.com/default-passwords-pbx.html

Try that first.

Dean
Photographs:

I did try the default already. I know it is not the default as the customer has an email stating that the password was change at some point. Does anyone have admin password reset documentation that can be shared with me privately?

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
According to a different post regarding the same issue Nameless stated: "The instructions will differ depending on the version of software you have on your system."

Other thread

Can you find out which software version you have?

Dean
Photographs:

pvj Offline
I'm sure the Samsung support number is still working. Without knowing you were a tech or an owner of the system why would anyone give you that kind of access?For all I know you are a disgruntled employee and tomorrow is your last day and you want to cause havoc on your way out.No way for me to know that or not but I hope you see the point.You CAN contact Samsung and request a temporary passcode on company letterhead.

Tech Support: (833) 638-9656

Last edited by pvj; 07/11/19 11:50 PM.
No go on that number... It is for Wireless Enterprise support. I dial support and then it hits extension 5555 and drops into voicemail with no greeting. I attempted to call that number this morning and yesterday afternoon with no luck. I have no problem calling Samsung and having the customer provide company letterhead. I actually called Samsung before I came to these boards. If I could just get in contact with someone at Samsung that can help. It has been a struggle to say the least.

pvj Offline
That is the tech support number they posted on the web support page which yes is Wireless division.It's where all the info is for Officeserv .

http://convergeone.kayako.com/Core/Default/Index

Could you please PM the instructions for OS7400 and v4.5x version and Installation Tool?

I'm trying to access my 7100 thru my laptop, but keep getting a "check link between system and DM" error message. I know the password is correct, but I can't access the system thru Officeserv DM.

pvj Offline
Originally Posted by Evuhl
I'm trying to access my 7100 thru my laptop, but keep getting a "check link between system and DM" error message. I know the password is correct, but I can't access the system thru Officeserv DM.

Check the ip address settings of the laptop that is not a password issue

Hi mate,

can you send me the details also please?

thanks

Jade

I am also looking to reset my password to be able to use the IT.
Both the password and tech code have been changed on our OfficeServe 7200.

I need to find out why some phones are not working correctly and also want to see if I can add a small number of Samsung OfficeServe SIP phones which will save to put new cables down to the other side of the building.
It is an Samsung OfficeServ 7200 (MP20S-Sys 15.06.30 V4.91). A PM with help on how to reset the password would be much appreciated.

Hi there, any chance I could also get the instructions for resetting Officeserv 7100 admin password please?

Many thanks

I would also like the instructions on how to reset an admin password. I recently acquired a used OS7100 w/ MP10A phone system for practicing and testing things on. Either a factory reset or preferably how to reset the admin password is what I would like to know. It has v4.63 on it, but I also have the software to upgrade it to v5.01 if needed.

Originally Posted by getcit
I would also like the instructions on how to reset an admin password. I recently acquired a used OS7100 w/ MP10A phone system for practicing and testing things on. Either a factory reset or preferably how to reset the admin password is what I would like to know. It has v4.63 on it, but I also have the software to upgrade it to v5.01 if needed.

You can do a factory reset on the system by holding in the reset button on the front of the mp10a processor for 15 seconds. This will default the entire system and make the password the default one.

Hey guys...Just took over a new customer with an Officeserv 7100 v4.95. Default password was changed. Previous vendor closed 3 years ago. Can you send me instructions on password reset. Thanks!

My Question like many others

How I can reset the admin password for the device manager or installation tool, office serv 7100

Just brought off Facebook Market, it has the MP10a chip on the mainboard, media card OfficeServ 7100 (eus) v4.70 130408

Thx for helping in advance

P.S Tried all the common codes User - admin & Password

Last edited by pvj; 11/06/21 11:50 AM. Reason: password
Good morning
, can someone PM me the instructions how to reset the administrator (DM) password for an OfficeServ 7200? My customer's reseller/support company went out of business, so I can't contact them. Thank you! Best regard

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,290
Posts638,802
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,374 Shoretel
189,059 CTX100 install
187,410 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 6
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 150 guests, and 421 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024