web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
First, let me say I am not a phone systems technician; however I am a network engineer by trade.

Here is my scenario a few years back we acquired one of our competitors and along with the purchase came an Intel-Tel 5.115 System. Although I had only the Administrator's guide to help, I have managed to configure a pretty nice setup; with STAR, Voicemail to Email, Phantom Mailboxes, Hunt Groups, etc...however I can't for the life of me figure out what I am missing when it comes to receiving faxes.

I have configured the root CRA to email faxes; however when I dial the number through a fax machine I hear the announcement start, then my fax sends the initialization tone, and the announcement cuts off and it sounds like a negotiation is going to take place, but then nothing happens, while logged into the AvdapMon application I see the following:

ASAI]Constructing VMAIL1 task at 00C83748 <priority=0>
VMAIL1]Call to app 2501 from 5095551212
VMAIL1]Fax Tone Detection enabled.
VMAIL1]Set gain to 1
RHET1]Playing (db\rcrdings\35.r24}
VMAIL1]Audio term(play): PHYEVENT_fax_calling_tone
VMAIL1]732 ALARM: Incoming fax rejected because no fax ports available.

So my question is this; how do I setup a Fax Port, and do I have the necessary hardware to configure incoming faxes, I believe I do; however I am not sure how to tell.

In the Summary.txt file in the root of the avdap directory it shows the following:

Started: 1-10-2009 14:12:30
Software release: NT 5.111
Voice: 4 ports
Fax: 0 ports
Email: 5 users; 5 licenses
DB version: 5.111-3

Thanks in advance for your help!

Regards,
jim®
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Guessing that you don't have a fax card installed?

Andrea
OP Offline
Thanks for the reply, here's a silly question, what does one look like :-) I know what a modem looks like, and there is one in the VPU; however I am assuming that's for remote administration?

I have the following cards in my Inter-Tel case:

OPC
IPC
DKSC16
LSC
CPU128

Thanks in advance!

Last question, do you know where I can find one?

Regards,
jim®
Look in the rear of the VPU server for an ISA card with red LED's. They will be flickering in a seemingly random pattern, but there is one. There will be one red LED per fax port on the card.

If the LED's are all lit solid dim red, then the card drivers are not loaded. Reload AVDAP on top of itself and select the proper number of ports.

60% of the time it works every time
OP Offline
Thanks SoCalJake! That answered my question, no lights, no LED's except for the NIC, the modem is just that a modem, nothing else.

So my next question, anyone know where I can get a Fax Card that works with 5.115?

Regards,
jim®
RIP Admin-Founder
RIP Admin-Founder
I can get you a new one..it should be a 550.5122
which is a 2 port. I'll look through a couple of units and see if we have one used. I'll send you a pm. Unless you've already found one.

added:
Checked all my voice mail units..nada. sorry none have the card in it.

OP Offline
Thanks test-ok,

I got your PM (had to release it from my spam folder)

Based on what you told me, it doesn't look like it's worth the trouble of making this work, I can build an entire fax server and license Gfax for alot less.

Thanks again though.

Regards,
jim®
SAME SYMPTOM; DIFFERENT CAUSE:
We recently upgraded from Inter-Tel IMX 2448 Premier to Axxess v.7.007. The Brooktrout TR114 fax card in the Axxess NT server is only partially accepted by the VPU, since although four TR114 channels appear in the Faxinit.log every time the VPU boots up, the summary.txt file in the AVDAP directory states that there are: Voice: 4 ports; Fax: 0 ports. Once, fleetingly, about a month ago, if not hallucinating, I believe that I did see "Fax: 4 ports" in a summary.txt file; additionally, the Brooktrout card passes every offline test from Brooktrout which I have run, so I feel that all the hardware is functional.

(We receive the "Unified Messaging security key: 50 users+Outlk+Fax" line in every startup AVDAP log - so security key issues do not appear to be involved.)

The Fax Tone Recognition enabled message appears in AVDAPMON every time a call comes in, and if a fax machine is attempting to send to us, the incoming fax is acknowledged in AVDAPMON, but we see the log entry "Incoming fax rejected because no fax ports available." Except for a bright momentary flash during bootup, the four red led's on the TR114 remain steadily moderately dim all the time.

Now, I have reviewed the AVDAP log files, and noted another error message "Invalid OEM ID [] on fax port 0; replace with an Inter-Tel Voice Processing Unit Fax card." The card is factory labelled "TR114 + 14V INTERTEL TRIDENT" and one removable chip is factory labelled "TR114 V1.9 INTER-TEL". Could this firmware trojan be causing our non-functioning fax problem? What do you suggest is the most likely route to expeditiously and inexpensively get this almost certainly fully functionable OEM mint condition system to do what it was designed to do?

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,309
Posts638,906
Members49,771
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
213,038 Shoretel
190,245 CTX100 install
188,407 1a2 system
Newest Members
dcl, Mansour, Dave Simmons, Soulece, Robbks
49,771 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 19
teleco 6
jsaad 5
dans 5
dexman 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 263 guests, and 103 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024