web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#613200 10/11/17 02:58 PM
OP Offline
Hello,

Problem: after 40 seconds roughly 10 rings if no one answers the phone it forwards to ext8888 with the following message.
"If you know the extension of the person you wish to reach dial it now" if you don’t do anything it says "please hold while I try that extension" rings about 4 times to x8193 if no one answers this it just dead air.

Is there a way I can change this?

I would like it do this:

After 16 seconds roughly 4 to 5 rings auto answer and say "thank you for calling my company name if you would like to hold to speak to a person press 1 if you would like to leave a voice message press 2"
1) call main group continually until someone answered "with music playing for the calling party"
2) voice mail

If I can’t do this what are my options?

Equipment Type: CIX670 : B--U Equipment Type: CIX40A2 : GCTU2
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Well, it looks like you have a few things going on.

First, it sounds like the main greeting still has the default greeting. The 2 parts should be "Thank you for calling. If you know the extension of the person you wish to reach dial it now" .

Depending on if you have a Stratagy ES , MAS, or one of the DOS voicemail systems like the LVMU or IVP8, the main greeting is either in 2 parts of mailbox 990, or in 2 different mailboxes 990 and 991

If I was going to make a guess, I would think that the previous tech intentionally setup the system to ring for 40 seconds before going to voicemail,probably so that the local users will have a chance to pick it up. The default timer is normally set for 20 seconds.
The challenge is to find out how the system is setup to ring, DID or DIT to a multiple call group or to a Phantom. Then you would have to enable System Call forwarding of the MCG or Phantom.

If I was going to make a guess about the dead air, I would guess that the user at x8193 did not properly setup their personal voicemail box.

There is a system setting to change all transfers to play MOH instead of ringback tone.. his would effect both transfer forma user and for transfers from the voicemail system.

OP Offline
thank you for responding you nailed this with my limited information i provided, yes we have a few things going, the defult greeting is correct. how do i change defult greeting to a gretting i want it to say?

We have Stratagy ES voicemail system looks like it uses defult_name 990

we have DID to multiple call group

you are correct there is not a voice mail setup on 8193

I am looking for MOH instead of ringback tone now.

sorry about my lack of knowledge this was kinda just handed to me to figure out.

OP Offline
I have not found a way to change the defult greeting, think it might be easier to just chane the forwarded number to someones extension.

anyone know if i will run into problems doing this?

Problem: after 40 seconds roughly 10 rings if no one answers the phone it forwards to ext8888 with the default greeting. "Thank you for calling. If you know the extension of the person you wish to reach dial it now" . if you don’t do anything it says "please hold while I try that extension" rings about 4 times to x8193 if no one answers this it just dead air.
x8193 does not have a VM setup on it.

I have talked with manger and she is fine with me just senidng it to her ext after 40 seconds.

System>SYSTEM CALL FORWARD
Syetem call forward template 1

504 system call forward status
Active telephone status No answer

500 system call forward patterns
Telephone status No answer
Call type CO Loop or grd
Period Day
Destination 1 8888

I want to change the destination to the mangers extion. I just want to make sure i dont mess something up by doing this.
Any advice?

Thanks in advance smile

OP Offline
I changed Destination 1 from 8888 to the mangers ext 8104 but i still get the message "Thank you for calling. If you know the extension of the person you wish to reach dial it now"
is there a way i cna change this to say "Thank you for calling. If you know the extension of the person you wish to reach dial it now or hold on the phone while we transfer you to the mangers extension.

Changing the system call forward to go to ext 8104 instead of the voicemail pilot is a very bad idea. You have basically routed all calls to the managers extensions instead of the voicemail system. This would pretty much insure that almost no calls will end up in voicemail (except possible the occasional transfer recalls). If you haven't already changed it back to 8888, I would suggest that you do as soon as possible.

It seems like it was setup by the installer to have an auto attendant answer, but nobody ever setup the auto attendant. Maybe this is a training issue. I have done many installs where I leave instructions to create an auto attendant only to return months later to find the default greeting still in place. Maybe that is my fault for not helping the users record the main greeting, but generally the onsite staff is not prepared to create and record a script. Also I still think the dead air issue is also a user voicemail issue, either in extension 8193 or possible a general voicemail box setup by the installer that nobody knows how to access anymore.

Probably the easiest solution would be to locate the Multiple Call group that is ringing and set the VMID code to 8104. I bet if you find the MCG, the SYS template is set to 0, that there is no VMID code set, and that in the table 8888 is in the table on Delay ring 2. You could also shorten the delay to voicemail by shortening the Delay 2 timer.

If you wanted to have an auto attendant, as you originally stated, then you will need to learn how to access mailbox 990 and change the recording. Most of the instructions you will find will be for one of the DOS base systems which uses mailbox 990 and 991. The Stratagy ES only uses mailbox 990 for both parts, but the second part is recorded as the "Instructional Greeting".

In order to change the time-out and 0 destination you would need to change the Stratagy voice mailbox 0 extension settings. Depending on the type of voicemail system this may be done using eManager, or it may require separate software.

Much of this is just guessing since nobody else can see how it is programmed.

OP Offline
Newtecky,

You are correct,
It was setup by the installer to have an auto attendant answer, but nobody ever setup the auto attendant. like right out of the box.

a BIG thanks for saving me a headache come Monday morning.
This was a much smarter idea
I Changed Multiple Call group that is ringing VMID code to 8104.
I switched back the system call forward to go to ext. 8888 from 8104

I will look into learning how to access mailbox 990 and change the recording - thanks for pointing me in this direction.

OP Offline
Do I need to reboot the phone system for this to take?

current settings
517 Multiple call group Assignment
01 MC group Pilot number 8300
02 Ring Delay 1 timer 12
03 ring delay 2 timer 40
04 system call forward 0 <---------
05 voice Mail ID 8104

I noticed The system call forward template is set to 1 with destination 8888 as destination 1
Do I need to change the above setting 04 system call forward from 0 to 1 so they match?

You do not need to reboot to take effect.

The reason that the system call forward is set to 0 is because the installer wanted the phones to ring longer then the system default. You can change this to 1 which should send the call to voicemail within the system timer, probably about 4 rings. In the table you will probably find extension 8888 in the table set for Delay 2.

I am assuming that this is not working correctly after the VMID change. After 40 seconds the caller should be sent to the voicemail box 8104. If you set the 04 System call forward to 1, then this will probably forward to voicemail after the system CF timer (20 seconds is default).

Just to verify that the voicemail is working, you can dial 8888 from extension 8104. The system should immediately respond with "Please enter you pass code"

OP Offline
Newtecky

Thanks for the help.
I did a test call to our main line it rang until it went to voicemail. but I do not see the msg light on 8104 - That is why I thought i might need to reboot the phone system to take.

The voice mail is working "i think" .
I dont know where the voicemails are going or um how to access the message I left in my test.

also
I am not sure what you meant by " In the table you will probably find extension 8888 in the table set for Delay 2. "

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, Touch Tone Tommy), 119 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024