web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#614386 11/26/17 05:06 PM
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
What's the deal with Verizon NYC, sending out letter's ( RE: Discontinuation of Intra-State Local and Special Access Private Lines DSO Services in NYC.) Telling Customer's, That all Copper lines will be disconnected, and replaced with Fiber, and their Phone system will no longer work after 12/15/17, But they have a New Cloud Base System that you can purchase ???

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

DJG #614387 11/26/17 05:07 PM
Moderator-Nortel, Computers, General
Some call it "Marketing"....I call it "Fraud"...

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
DJG #614388 11/26/17 05:40 PM
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Online Content
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Nothing new there. That been on there plate since Sandy

DJG #614389 11/26/17 05:55 PM
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
The problem is, they're telling the customer that their Phone System will no longer work, that they have an option to buy their Cloud Base Phone System, I'm telling the customer, that they don't have a problem with the Phone System not working, when they cutover, But Verizon keeps telling them they will,

Voice/Data & Cable Contractors, Avaya/Lucent, Nortel and Panasonic Serving Central Fl
DJG #614390 11/26/17 08:55 PM
Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
There have been rumblings that Verizon would be eliminating legacy services in some markets. First, the services would no longer be made available for new installs. Later, existing customers would no longer be able to keep the services in the event of a move. Lastly, the copper based services are discontinued.

POTS and T1 services can be migrated to fiber.

Not sure why Verizon is telling users that their phone systems won't work with the new delivery medium. POTS are delivered via fiber...FiOS. T1s can easily be handled by fiber as well.

I Love FEATURE 00
DJG #614391 11/26/17 09:25 PM
DJG Offline OP
OP Offline
Been installing Fios for a few years now, Always had copper break out blocks/ports on install, I think they're just trying to sell this new Cloud Base System Unless this is a vendor that works with Verizon on this because I haven't Herd of Verizon selling system for years ??

DJG #614392 11/27/17 12:20 AM
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I haven't heard of it. I'm running my (1A2) KSU on Fios. Works fine.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
DJG #614393 11/27/17 04:19 AM
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Of course these customers are being scared into buying hosted IP services from someone. Every Tom, Dick and Harry who knows how to turn on a computer is now in the hosted services business. They are destroying this industry in a rapid manner. Only those of us who are able to survive the few years that it will take for this to crash and burn will be able to tell the story. Sadly, much of what these people are telling the customers are lies, but who are they going to believe? The multi-billion dollar corporation, or the simple honest businessman?

I don't believe that this is really Verizon (the telco) sending these notices. If this really is Verizon making these threats, they can't do this without forfeiting their franchise rights for the region. That's a LOT of recurring revenue. A LOT.

I'll bet you a dollar that it is Verizon's subsidiary, VeriZon Business, (formerly MCI) doing this. Yep, they operate under the VeriZon brand name, but in reality, they are the CLEC formerly known as MCI. They have snowed many of our customers over with that naming trickery in the DC market lately. Guess where their marketing office is? Yep, right there in the 212.

How much do you want to bet that this is just a marketing scam? Who's going to question which VeriZon division it is? Your customer is going to go into panic mode and sign on the dotted line without even checking with you. This is your time to be proactive with your customer base.

I'm no fan of Verizon the telco at all, but even they aren't this shady.

The REAL Verizon, the telco, is a regulated utility in NY. Until the state's public utilities commission allows Verizon to completely exit the state, they can't just stop doing business with select existing customers. Besides, even if they did that (and they have in other states), another service provider would surely take over their territory. They can't just give a customer less than 30, 60 or even 90 days to just up and replace their system.

But VeriZon Business, the CLEC, sure can trick the customers into it since they aren't a regulated utility. They are MCI in disguise.

What's next? ConEdison decides to change the power voltage from 120 to 167.3 volts?

I call total BS on this one. Mark my words. While you're being proactive with your customers on this subject, feel free to share my words as well.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
DJG #614395 11/27/17 08:38 AM
Up here when they created a new area code for south of Montreal, Bell pulled this crap as well, stating that you wouldn't be able to call into or get call from the new area code. I personally had several business clients call me about it. At the time my brother-in-law was the business I&R foreman for Sherbrooke. When I complained to him about it he stated that it was good "Marketing". I replied that it was pure "Fraud". He didn't reply....

Scientists say that the universe is made up of Protons, Neutron & Electrons. They forgot "Morons".
Dave. (CTUB) Canadian Techs Use Bix!
DJG #614397 11/27/17 12:24 PM
We have had several customers that got the dreaded "letter" from Verizon informing them that their copper services will no longer work after a certain date. They offer FiOS to resolve the problem. The very first time this happened, I was told I had to attend a conference call with Verizon service and several other Verizon people before this was going to cut. So, I joined the conference. The initial contact with Verizon was useless. All she was tasked to do was get the owner and whoever else on the conference call. So the call started off with a "network services engineer" saying Verizon is abandoning all copper services and will provide FiOS to replace the service. This particular customer had several FGA lines and two PRI circuits. The PRI circuits are with MASS Communications.

So, I'm listening to all this and then another person chimes in and says "We can provide you with a cloud based service so you can get all your services back and not have to deal with "hardware."

I cut him off. I said, "I thought this was a call about migrating services from copper to FiOS. The customer is absolutely not interested in your cloud services. In fact, if this is the reason you made all of us attend this conference call, I will have the customer port all of the affected numbers to their existing PRI circuits that they have with MASS Communications. Furthermore, if this was a sales pitch disguised as a service change notice, I, for one, take exception to that. You have wasted my time and the customer's on pitching something they neither need or want. How about you all give me the name of your first level supervisors so I can lodge a formal complaint regarding what looks to me like a "bait and switch" game.

A few seconds of silence passed and someone else said, we will call the customer to let them know when the FiOS tech will be there to switch over the circuits.

I never got the names of their first level supervisors. Bottom line, stand your ground and call their bluff. This is SO beneath the Bell Telephone code of standards that the company has used for over 100 years. I am really disappointed with Verizon.

A few weeks later, all the FGA lines were migrated to FiOS. We had no service issues.

Rcaman

Americom, Inc.
Where The Art And Science Of Communications Meet
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 164 guests, and 240 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024