web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
DMW Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,

I have installed a ton of these over the past years. However, I have not serviced this DK 424 with an IVP8-R2 in years. I have one issue....I reach the AA and dial the station and the call loops back to the main greeting.
I tried. Intercom #601, #656, Intercom # 657, Intercom #604, wiping out the system and completing a plug and play, reprogramming the system, changed system type to '424', I know in the LVMU if you dont change the SMDI port it loops. I did not change that on this vm. I remember way back in the DK days that there was a timer, if i recall, the telephone system may be pulling it back. Not sure, any help would be appreciated. NOTE: The only way the appropriate mailboxes answers if if DND is enabled.

Thanks,
DMW

Last edited by DMW; 11/30/17 08:44 PM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Hello

The systems function of the LVMU as other voicemail systems in regards to how it handles calls sent to it from the PBX. If a caller is sent to the voicemail system it would expect information about the caller, either through an SMDI cable, on the back plane (with LVMU) or through DTMF tones. Without this information the caller ends up in the main greeting.

I have only done a small handful of voicemail installations on DK systems. Out resident Toshiba guru at the time gave me a programming book with all the required voicemail changes highlighted. Unfortunately over the years this has been lost, but I haven't installed a voicemail in a DK system for some time now.

In a nut shell;
The PBX has to know that those extension ports are voicemail ports
The integration type should be DTMF (assuming that you do not have a serial connection to the IVP8)
The VMID codes #656 and #657 have to be set (91-ext, and 92-ext)
And the voicemail system needs to expect DTMF integration and not SMDI (System Type)

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Are you using SMDI?

DMW Offline OP
OP Offline
Thank you both for your response. I am not currently using SMDI. I am using as configured out of the box.

I have the vm ids and the call forward busy no answer configured. It just seems to not recognize any digits.

Thanks,

D.

Make sure you check the VM boxes and they are in group 1 (should be the same as box 990 and 991).

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 107 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024