currently we have UDP ports 6004-6499 forwared to the mbu ip adress

We cannot access the ECS or get ip phone to connect
Any help
Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
When you say forwarded, do you mean the public IP address of the network is forwarded as such? Is your IP phone set to look for the public IP address as the server, with the port entered (without leading zeros) ?

Are you properly licensed and configured for an IP phone- is the port in question set to use the public address versus the inside LAN?( LAN/VPN or non-VPN)

Is the public IP address programmed in Stations>IP Station settings? Is the control port still at 50000?

Are the proper ports opened at the phone/remote end?

Lotsa little things,,,,

Last edited by JBean3329; 12/20/17 09:14 PM. Reason: Thought of more stuff to check.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
juno Offline OP
OP Offline
WE are licenced

What we need is what ports get fowared on the firewall where the ECS resides

We need to connect via ip and connect remote ip phone

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
You have the correct ports listed, pointed at the proper places.

You need to open the ports you have listed where the ECS is at, forwarded to the IP addresses you have listed. The problem could be at the phone end. The phone has to be programmed with the ECS location public IP in the spot that asks for the ECS server IP, NOT the actual ECS LAN2 address. You'll also have to open port 50004 at the phone end to allow audio back and forth. Also, the IP phones work a lot better with static IP addresses, if possible.

Do you have any IP phone connected on site?

Is remote access available? I'd be happy to take a look...

Last edited by JBean3329; 12/21/17 03:34 PM.

Sometimes the thoughts in my head get so bored, they go for a stroll through my mouth. This is rarely a good thing.
juno Offline OP
OP Offline
We cannot get remote access the IT guys are saying its an ECS issue

Do we need tcp port 5001 also to be foward to the lan2 ip address to gain remote access or are we missing progamming on the ECS

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Yes...port 5001 for admin access.

You'll need the system password to connect, as well

IT guys always blame the ECS...

juno Offline OP
OP Offline
We now have remote access.
When trying to connect remote ip phone we get network error.
Any help would be appreciated

I'm watching threads like this because although I've been in the business a long time, I've done very little with VoIP. Today in the shop I did some testing with a spare 5900 phone. Got it to come up, I plugged the phone directly into LAN2 of the CCSU and set a static IP of the phone within the range of LAN2. I was able to connect my laptop to the PC port of the phone and connect to 10.0.0.1 to access the ECS. The phone came up with dial tone, but can't make any calls as the ECS doesn't have an MBU. I was able to configure DSS keys that did light when the corresponding ext. was off hook.

Regarding this thread, if an IP phone is to be used on site, the LAN2 address would be different than one used off site, correct? If someone wanted to bring their phone from the office to be used at home, then would the LAN2 address need to be changed?

Moderator-Iwatsu
Moderator-Iwatsu
Keyset6- correct. The phone CCU address is going to depend on where the phone is physically located, in regards to it's network address. If the phone is in the same network as the ECS, the LAN2 address is used. If it isn't in the same network, the public IP (or appropriate routing address) would be used. You need the MBU asit's the bridge between TDM and IP...it's where the audio passes thru.

Juno- please PM me with access info if you'd like me to take a look....What are your specific settings on the phone- CCU. port, IP address. etc.

Last edited by JBean3329; 12/22/17 04:39 PM.

JBean3329 - thanks, as I thought. I like being able to test/experiment configurations like this in the shop, so a customer won't be affected. While I had my laptop connected to the PC port of the phone, as expected I was also able to access the phone's IP menu using I.E., but I had to set the 10.0.0.5 address to compatibility mode.

Unrelated note - extreme opposite technology, a while back I mentioned I moved a ZTD system to a new site. This week I installed an additional phone for an Omega III site! I found 2 spare (previously used but phones disconnected) ports, but they would not come up. I then found out a SUB port will not upon system power up unless a phone is connected. To accommodate the customer I moved a port to the new location from a spare office, connected the unused port to where it came from. They'll reset the system when they can. Back at the shop we have an 816. That one I can plug in a phone after power up and it works. I thought with my other employer in was amazing seeing a Rolm 8000 still in service in 2015, I think this Omega III is even older.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JBean3329 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,768
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,453 Shoretel
188,306 CTX100 install
187,085 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, James D.), 100 guests, and 300 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024