web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#615280 01/09/18 01:51 AM
SPERS Offline OP
OP Offline
Is the only way to cancel the message waiting light is to delete and recreate the extensions? We have a bad IVP8 that is causing static on any station card it is put next to. Had to move the IVP8 to the second cabinet with nothing in either slot next to it but in doing so any phone that had a message waiting light lite can not be cleared and I assume it is because I reprogramed the IVP8 to another slot after deleting it from the main cabinet.
Or if I delete it from its current slot and reprogram it back into the original slot temporarily will I then be able to go to the extensions that have the message waiting light lite and #409 to clear? Would just delete and recreate the extension but there are a lot of them and each location has two phones. Lawyers...go figure.
Or is there a easier fix?
Thanks

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
If it's a DK you can run prog 92-9 to clear the mw lights but that also clears the station call forwarding. If it's a CTX or CIX, delete the affected stations and recreate them.

SPERS Offline OP
OP Offline
It is a cix670. Sort of thought deleting and recreating the stations was the only option. Thanks.

Administrator
Administrator
Leave a message in the mailbox and then listen and delete it. This should clear the light.

SPERS Offline OP
OP Offline
Tried that already. Doesn’t clear the light. Deleted mailbox and recreated mailbox. Light still on. Just going to have to go after hours and delete-recreate extensions. Not a problem just would like to have another solution I could do during buisness hours.
Thanks

When upgrading a CIX's voicemail system I try to find all the phones with message lights on an turn them off before the uprade, because when you delete the voicemail extensions those lights get stuck.

If you have more then a handful of extensions, I suggest doing a backup and then initializing the system. This would also need to be done after hours, and verify that you have a good backup.
If they have a PRI do a power cycle after initializing, and set the Night key back to night if they have one.

SPERS Offline OP
OP Offline
Got rid of the message waiting light but what a fiasco. I was on site and my boss said he backed everything up and had me do a restore. Wrong he did not back up the system and the card evidently had never been backed up to. So spent 8 hours reprogramming everything. Never going to do that again. On the bright side the message waiting lights are not a problem anymore. Most time consuming was programming FB as there was multiple receptionist with DSS consoles and almost every extension had multiple ADM modules. And all programmed different.

That is one of my biggest fears. Which is why I usually copy the default.dat file to my laptop after the backup, just to be safe.

Hopefully your boss doesn't deny that he told you he backed up the system. I don't see how someone would install an SD card and never backup the system at least once. I usually backup the programming several times during an install.

Originally Posted by newtecky
That is one of my biggest fears. Which is why I usually copy the default.dat file to my laptop after the backup, just to be safe.

Hopefully your boss doesn't deny that he told you he backed up the system. I don't see how someone would install an SD card and never backup the system at least once. I usually backup the programming several times during an install.

You mean it doesn't back up automatically after you insert the SD card or on a regular basis?

Nope. Never did. Would be a nice option, but the backups are always a manual operation.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,256
Posts638,657
Members49,756
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
210,764 Shoretel
187,580 CTX100 install
186,326 1a2 system
Newest Members
Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset, Housetech
49,756 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 16
Toner 12
TDKs79 7
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 69 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024