web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I've been looking for the BSP for the 24B LSI, BSP # 463-210-101. I've tried all the usual places (TCI, Cowboy Frank, Beatrice, etc), and it's no where to be found, although it's listed in the BSP index. If anyone has a copy, or a link to it, I'd very much appreciate it. Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
I've got the BSP for 463-210-100 (NOT 101) and I don't show a 101 in any of the manuals I have.

What type of indicator is this? If there's a comparable GTE product I might have the GTEP for that....

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
OP Offline
Hello Sam,

The LSI comes in multiple versions,8, 16 and 32 models. There is a LED for each extension/CO line. It lights when the line is ringing or off hook. They were sold to mostly centrex customers, for a secretarial position. The pickup code was entered, and the line could be answered appropriately (there was a desi strip next ti each LED). If I remember right, I think it was wired to sit between the MDF and the station, so there was a T&R in and a T&R out, but it has been a long time since I've seen them. When AT&T converted to a System 85 in it's HQ at Divestiture and got rid of NJ Bell's centrex, these units were thrown out by the dumpster. Brings back memories!

Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
I've searched everywhere I can think of. It's hard to believe that those things just disappeared. They were all over the place in DC on government Centrex installations. I'll keep looking.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Some of our guys built something similar for our customers with the NEC 22 line of PBXs using tricolor LEDs. The unit sat on the Trunk side between the Demarc and the switch. If the Trunk was in use then it lit Green, if Polarity was reversed (a real problem on Ground Start Trunks), it lit Red and if the Trunk was ringing in, it flashed Yellow.

Installed in a nice wooden box it sat next to the Console Operator. Very handy.

I still haven't seen any docs on the WECO model and I don't think GTE had a comparable product, but I'll look more.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
These were in a housing that was very similar in appearance to the speaker portion of a 4A speakerphone. Instead of a speaker grille on the front, there was a flat panel with desi windows next to each set of LEDs (green and red only). I remember the 50 pair line cords making them a bit cumbersome, since the cord itself far outweighed the unit. It was hard to get it to stay put on the desk.

I think that the reason these didn't stick around was because Tone Commander came out with the CTX Centrex operator console, paired with the adjacent CPC-600 DSS/BLF unit around the same time. In addition to the in-use/ringing status for the Centrex lines, there was also a button by each pair of LEDs that provided one-touch dialing of extensions. They were probably cheaper than the 24B too, but I can't say for sure.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
Retired Admin
Retired Admin
I "think" they were 24A-type not 24B-type. Don't know if that would make a difference in searching.

Clarification: The title for BPS 463-210-101 is LINE STATUS INDICATOR 24A-type.
While the part is ATT WESTERN ELECTRIC TYPE 24B INDICATOR.

But you know that.

You might want to ask this seller on E-Bay

Bell System Practices

Last edited by Professor Shadow; 01/12/18 03:58 PM. Reason: clarification of statement

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
The pairs are wired right across the T & R of each line. Parallel, not in series. The unit uses voltage detection to determine on-hook, off-hook, or ringing. There is a separate pair for a transformer to power it. (I think). I will check to see if I have a BSP.

Does yours still have the 25-pair cord, and the amphenol at the end? From memory, the transformer is wired at the plug, not the unit.

Arthur P. Bloom
"30 years of faithful service...15 years on hold"

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATT-WESTER...RT-24B32-50-NO-POWER-SUPPLY/161924976331

Look at photo #1. There is a satin-silver cord with two conductors, each terminated with a spade end. These go to the missing transformer, probably 18 Vac. The amphenol plugs get wired in parallel with the (in this case) 48 T & R.

Arthur P. Bloom

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ATT-WESTERN-ELECTRIC-TYPE-24B-INDICATOR/401466969354

This one (a sixteen-line version) has the transformer intact. Note that for an easy installation, it's designed so that the A.C. is fed via the mounting cord.

Arthur P. Bloom

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 163 guests, and 239 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024