web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
RonP Offline OP
OP Offline
A customer with an Avaya g430 gateway connected to the above module used as a paging interface with a Valcom zone paging setup. When an office worker dials the analog extension used to call this device, no page goes through. The analog extension is working as when I remove it from the module, my butt set will ring and I can answer and hear audio. When connected, I get a short ring burst, then disconnect. No audio input and definitely no output, even with the Valcom removed. This did work up (I am told) until a month or so ago.. Dip switches 1,2 are off, 3,4 are on, 5 is off. Customer had a spare module from another site I tried....same result. Thoughts??

St Petersburg
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Valcom has an excellent tech support, give them a call

Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
https://downloads.avaya.com/elmodoc.../upam_universal_paging_access_module.pdf

Set MODE switches S3 and S4 for Pre-announce or Confirmation tone (as desired)
Set MODE switch S5 in the OFF position
Set AUX switches S3, S4 and S5 to ON position

Some phone systems (in particular, Centrex-type systems) may produce openswitch-intervals
(OSIs) when the UPAM first answers the line. OSIs are short
breaks in loop current resulting when the central office switches equipment on and
off the line. The UPAM may misinterpret these OSIs as disconnect signals. It may
be necessary to set AUX switch bank switches S4 and S5 in their OFF positions
(AUX switches are located on top edge of unit - see Figure 5 on page 16) if the
UPAM exhibits any of the following symptoms during station mode operation.

UPAM disconnects from the line immediately after answering

This points to a problem with the UPAM. I'm confused as to what you replaced with the spare. I would expect replacing the Valcom to not have any effect. Did you check the power supply for the UPAM to see that it is operating?

ETA- Was typing when Tommy posted his advice.

-Hal

Last edited by hbiss; 02/19/18 07:35 PM.

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
RonP Offline OP
OP Offline
I don't suspect the Valcom to be a source of the problem. I isolated the Valcom from the UPAM and at one point hooked up my butt set to the output of the UPAM. And according to the manual for the UPAM, I don't need a power supply if hooked up to a station port. And the customer had a Spare UPAM from another site he brought over.
As to what Tommy explains, changing the AUX dip switches may need to be done. All other dip switches are set as they should be.
I just find it weird how it suddenly(?) stopped working without someone messing with it. Just sayin.

St Petersburg
I just find it weird how it suddenly(?) stopped working without someone messing with it. Just sayin.

That's my question also.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.

Moderated by  metelcom 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,283
Posts638,765
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,446 Shoretel
188,302 CTX100 install
187,081 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 7
dexman 4
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, dans), 170 guests, and 168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024