web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Hey folks! I'm wondering if someone can help me identify what type of terminal this is. Or rather, I am trying to find out which tool I need to terminate on it. I had someone tell me it required a Krone blade, but that did not seem to work. I've also had someone tell me it was a Bix block. However, when I look at a Bix block online, it does not seem to be the same as this. Any ideas? There is a mall I service on a regular basis that only has these terminals, and I'd like to be able to move pairs around if I need to. Thanks for any help!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Online Content
Looks like the connector for a 3m modular splicing system, there was a tool for single pair, but I don't remember what it was called. See this video

Last edited by justbill; 07/27/18 05:22 PM.

Retired phone dude
OP Offline
Wow! Now that you say 3M, I can clearly see a 3M stamp on the corner of it. Although this does not quite match what the video shows, you are definitely on to something. Thanks!

Online Content
Those type of connections are more for main splices and cable count throws. Not meant for moving jumpers around. Is there a place that has better access to the pairs?

Jim

Online Content
agree That's true, different modules for straight though and bridge. They weren't made for distribution. If you can see the different layers I'm pretty sure that's what they are, but it's been many years since I've actually used one so I'm not positive. There's probably part numbers stamped somewhere, if you can find them google them and it will probably lead you in the right direction. Does look like there's jumper on those in your picture.

Retired phone dude
We used a this tool to punch down jumpers in outside terminals. We had blue ones and yellow ones I think there the sameones as before

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-4055-MS...Blue-3M-Telecom-Punch-Tool-/272968360469

Last edited by hitechcomm; 08/05/18 07:29 PM.
Online Content
Again I'm not positive, but wasn't one for terminating and the other for bridging? We never used the distribution blocks, just the splicing blocks, after I got out of construction and into maintenance the Bell System changed to a smaller mini block, not sure if they were made by 3m or not. The last time I used the system shown in the video was probably the mid 70's or so, it was fast.

Retired phone dude
See if THIS helps. Scroll down about half way to application.

How many of those things do you have? Might just be easier to rip them out and use 66 blocks. I can't even see how the positions are inter-connected.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Moderator-Vertical, Vodavi, 1A2, Outside Wire
Ah, yes. The infamous 3M MS2 cross connecting system. It is a plain 1:1 block, with the cable pair going in on the bottom and the jumper wire on top. Terrible design, especially when used in outside plant environments. It amazes me how many of them are still in service with the blocks falling all over the place. Good luck with these things.

Ed Vaughn, MBSWWYPBX
OP Offline
Originally Posted by Yoda
Those type of connections are more for main splices and cable count throws. Not meant for moving jumpers around. Is there a place that has better access to the pairs?

Jim

As far as I can tell, cross connect wires come from each binding post to these terminal "wafers". These connect to 25 pair cables that go to the individual suites in the mall. There does not seem to be any good way to jump away from this setup. I'm basically at the mercy of where Frontier decides to park the line. It seems like they would have to drop it on specific posts in order to get it to the right place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024