web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi everyone.

I notice while I was working on my phones that I notice that all of them have a empty lamp socket for the hold button. I was wondering what was the purpose or the use for that? Could you wire it up to do anything cool like light up when the phone buzzes? I can one use would be storing a extra bulb in case one burned out.

Also what is the proper way to remove and install the bulbs in the 2830 or call director phones. It seems its not the easiest thing to so as I already broke a bulb or two to replace a burned out one.

Thanks Brian

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

most of times as a message waiting lamp, . Ma gave a lamp puller, but i used a short straw to pull out lamps ,as I carried one with 51A on one end and a 52A on the other end to test with

Moderator-1A2, Cabling
Moderator-1A2, Cabling
The lamp under the hold button could be used for a variety of purposes (Here are a few - in no particular order):
- Busy Lamp. Someone important is on the phone (usually the boss)
- A special circuit is in use (PA system for example)
- The boss has a private line that doesn't appear on anyone else's phone. He/She does not want to be bothered when he's on his PL. If you see that lamp lit - don't buzz him/her or barge in.
- Stromberg-Carlson phones and some "special" WECO sets offered a "Buttons up" intercom (When all line keys were in the up position, going off hook connected you to an Intercom). The lamp under the hold button was the lamp for that intercom

A lamp extractor is the approved tool for removing lamps.

Sam

"Where are we going and why are we in this hand basket?"
the lamp extractor that sam is talking about ,can be found AT Sandman.com/telhist.html, I always lost them. or misplace them, and din't have room on my pouch

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,706 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Curlycord, JBean3329, mongo5150), 109 guests, and 248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024