web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Good day to all,

Need help in troubleshooting a warble tone that is not coming-out of the BOGEN GS500D gold series amplifier from the aux-port of the FX-II.

We replaced our client's defective Inter-M PA-9200RC last year (Aug. 2017) and we were not able to test the warble tone on the new Bogen amp until our client had a fire drill last month - August 2018.

I am not really familiar on how it was set-up by the person who installed them way back 15yrs ago..,but here's what I have found so far.

Mic 1: being used for paging with the ALGO Duet Plus 1825 (working no problem)
Mic 2: being used for plant staff break-time with the Viking CTG-1 (working no problem)
Aux 1: being used for the warble tone (from the Aux port of the FX-II)
- there are several jumper wires from the FX-II to the khau-17d11-24 relay where the loud speakers are connected

I spoke with the Bogen tech and he said that the output from the FX-II aux port may be exceeding 150millivolts where it's too much for the amplifier but i haven't had the chance to go back onsite to test it.
The bogen tech have asked me to lower down the volume output on the aux port of the KSU which i am not sure if there's a way to do it.

Here's how it's configured in the KSU...
- under the Feature codes 86 (Page Zone 7) and 87 (Page Zone 8) and as i mentioned earlier there's a bunch of jumper cables to and from the relay into the KSU.
- i believe the different warble tones were configured from the page zones as well.

Kindly advise as to the basic approach to do troubleshooting on the FX-II side or if someone can guide me through the steps.
- can we put a speaker directly to the aux port output on the KSU?
- how to measure the millivolts on the aux port out on the ksu?

Let me know if you have any clarification and I apologize if I am unable to clearly describe everything above.

Thanks for your time.
Sincerely,
Sonny

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Admin
Admin
The AUX ports are just closure contacts. They aren't adjustable. Put a meter on the pins coming out of the AUX port and see if you get a circuit completion when you do the dial feature code for page zones 7 and 8.

[Linked Image]
sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
hi rbf, i double -checked the connections and it turned-out that the jack into Aux-1 of the amplifier is not coming from the aux port of the phone system but rather onto stn.361 named ring over paging.

our client opted to purchase a new amplifier and now the warble-tone works but the paging is now the one not working. while i was connecting the XLR to the new amplifier, i noticed that the solder on pin 3 (mic 2) - which is connected to the CTG-1) is loose. it was that time when i realized with the new amplifier that if i disconnect pin 3 on mic 2 the warble-tone does not work and when it's connected warble-tone works. i am now thinking that it might actually be the problem when the warble-tone stopped working and not the amplifier.

now, with the new amplifier...the warble-tone works fine but the paging does not work. i am getting the loud ring from stn.361 to the duet plus to the amplifier to the external loud speakers via mic 1. but the paging does not work. unfortunately, i am unable to test the old amplifier as it was accidently locked-out by one of the staff in a room where the office does not have access to it at this point.

need help on how to test the external paging via featrure code 72 and 73.

thanks again.
sonny

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
looks like i am not getting any input to the amplifier mic 1 when i do external page but okay when i dial ext. 361 which rings onto the loud speakers connected to the amplifier.
kindly advise troubleshooting steps.
thanks for your time.
sonny

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
sorry rbf as i may have confused you with my response above. please disregard both my responses above and i will just consolidate it here...

here it is now, to make it more clear...
Mic 1: being used for paging with the ALGO Duet Plus 1825 (working no problem) => now, paging stopped working but the loud ringer via stn.361 works
Mic 2: being used for plant staff break-time with the Viking CTG-1 (working no problem) => looks like also had a problem before but may not being used by client
Aux 1: being used for the warble tone (from the Aux port of the FX-II) => now, this one works after replacing the amplifier with a new one.
- there are several jumper wires from the FX-II to the khau-17d11-24 relay where the loud speakers are connected

our client opted to purchase a new amplifier and now the warble-tone works but the paging is now the one not working. while i was connecting the XLR to the new amplifier, i noticed that the solder on pin 3 (mic 2) - which is connected to the CTG-1) is loose. it was that time when i realized with the new amplifier that if i disconnect pin 3 on mic 2 the warble-tone does not work and when it's connected warble-tone works. i am now thinking that it might actually be the problem when the warble-tone stopped working and not the amplifier.

now, with the new amplifier...the warble-tone works fine but the paging does not work. i am getting the loud ring from stn.361 to the duet plus to the amplifier to the external loud speakers via mic 1. but the paging does not work. unfortunately, i am unable to test the old amplifier as it was accidently locked-out by one of the staff in a room where the office does not have access to it at this point.

now, need help on how to test the external paging via featrure code 72 and 73.

looks like i am not getting any input to the amplifier mic 1 when i do external page but okay when i dial ext. 361 which rings onto the loud speakers connected to the amplifier.
kindly advise troubleshooting steps.
thanks for your time.
sonny

If I understand what is going on. It sounds like the connections to the 1825 (in, out, and power) need to be looked at. This assumes that stn 361 is an analouge station.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
Yes, ext.361 is an analog station connected to the CO input to the duet plus.
There's a total of 3-cable pairs connected to the duet plus. First is the ext.361 analog stationable pairs that goes to the CO of the duet plus. Second is the audio - output to the amplifier and the third is the power adapter. When dialing ext.361, it rings on to the loud speakers connected to the amplifier no problem. The Warble tones under page zones 7 and 8 also works no problem.

The problem that I have is that the page zones 3 and 4 which is for paging through the loud speakers does NOT work and I am not seeing any pulse on the amplifier lights at all.

Not sure why, although the ext. 361 loud ringer works no problem. Ext. 361 is named paging over loud ringer.

As per amplifier tech I am not getting any input to the amplifier when doing paging.

I will be back onsite in about 30mins. Please help.
Thanks.

sonny88 Offline OP
OP Offline
By the way, audio out of the duet plus is connected to Mic 1 of the amplifier.
Thanks again.
Sonny

Do you have access to the programing software?

Paging from the FXII is done either over the phones, or via the page port, which is next to the relay ports. If the paging is going through the analogue station 361 then the algo duet has an issue where it is not auto answering the paging call. If the paging is going through the external page port (rj12) then there may be an issue with the audio through the port, or one of the relays on the system needs to send contact closure to the amp to let it know that a page is happening.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,109 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,806 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 158 guests, and 420 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024