web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Our Vodavi STS 3501 system is giving the response "voicemail is full' when people are calling into our clinic, but we have checked in the voicemail admin area and there are no voicemails for us to check. We have had to reset the system and reprogram it a couple times lately due to power outages, but I have never had THIS issue. Typically our old voicemail settings would come back up with no issues. I understand the rules of the forum and cannot get specific help with programming, but if someone could point me in the right direction I would really appreciate it.

Also, the voicemail card in the Vodavi box does show the green lights turning on. The voicemail card is also programmed to the correct card slot number.

Thank you

Last edited by ryan_medical; 10/05/18 03:20 PM.

rya
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do you know which voicemail system you have? Is it the flash based system or a hard drive based system.

If its the hard drive based system the mailbox might be flagged at Full and you would need to go in and change that.

If it is the Flash based one, I would say it is time to initialized that and reprogram

Last edited by oobie; 10/05/18 03:57 PM.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The flash voicemail can also be flagged full, it will say that if the box is set to announce only and I believe a user can do that to themselves by accident.

Last edited by Derrick; 10/05/18 08:23 PM.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.
OP Offline
I know it is flash based. I have initialized it in the Flash 24 programming. I will read through more documentation on Monday.

rya
Ryan,

When I say initialized I mean connected right to the VM Card with a laptop and initializing. Not the phone system parameters in Flash 24. It might be time for a new VM card. They can be picked up pretty cheap but I would consider upgrading all together.

OP Offline
Oh ok I understand now, that is something I did not do. We really should go ahead and upgrade anyway since it is such an old system. Is there a certain store/any certain brand I should consider? We use 11 stations and have 4 phone lines + a fax (I do not think the fax goes through that vodavi phone system but I could be wrong).

Last edited by ryan_medical; 10/10/18 12:07 PM.

rya
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
I am a bit biased but I would look at the Vertical Summit 80 as a replacement for your system.

www.myrandomviews
"Old phone guys never die, they just get locked in some closet with an old phone system and forgotten about"

Retired, taking photographs and hoping to fly one of my many kites.

Moderated by  EV607797, JWRacedog, MnDave, nfcphoneman 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,461 Shoretel
188,324 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 104 guests, and 316 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024