Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#626937 01/23/19 04:36 PM
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hello All,
I need assistance trying to factory reset a Contact-DK 4 port voice mail card? I inherited a Toshiba CTX-100 and cannot get into voicemail administration? Mailbox number 99 is the admin mailbox but 999 and 997 don't work when it asks for a passcode? It says "The passcode is invalid, please try again" ? After it's factory reset I would need help turning off the auto attendant since that's not needed. If anyone here can provide assistance that would be greatly and highly appreciated!

Jared

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Administrator
Administrator
I haven't installed a Contact DK Card but i can tell you on a Stratagy Voicemail the only way to default it was to delete all the mailboxes and re run the install. BUt you also had to have VM Manager to do this. If it were me I would reach out the Teleco there tech support is pretty good and my be willing to direct you on how to force a initialization.

jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Is there anyway I can do this through eManager or delete the card and re add it? I don't know who you mean by Telco? Toshiba phone support, the local phone company, a dealer?

Jared

I think I briefly worked on 1 Contact-DK voicemail system and it didn't seem to act anything like the Stratagy systems. I was able to get into the admin mailbox using the default code, but the default code is not like the Stratagy DK systems.

FYI I was able to find an admin guide online. I'll send a PM

EManager isn't going to help. This is just for the phone operations. If you delete the card, this only removes it from the card assignments, which just tells the system what is plugged in. All voicemail settings are still saved on the voicemail system.

Administrator
Administrator
Originally Posted by jm2014
Is there anyway I can do this through eManager or delete the card and re add it? I don't know who you mean by Telco? Toshiba phone support, the local phone company, a dealer?

Jared
Teleco is a Toshiba distributor and they are the supplier for the contact voicemail systems. They unlike Toshiba are still in business

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
The admin box on a Teleco VM is 900 where you can set the time and date, add/remove mailboxes etc.

You will need to configure the DTMF/SMDI integration in the VM to match the configuration in your CTX100.

Personally I would chuck the Contact DK in the bin and install a Toshiba LVMU and then you can use the Stratagy Voicemail Manager software to administer it.

Regards
Carl
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey All!

Thanks for all the advice! I was able to "guess" the admin passcode. It was changed from the default. I was about to upgrade the voicemail card if I couldn't get in. What luck!

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Don't forget the Teleco Voicemails use different DTMF integration to the Toshiba Stratagy Voicemails.
Check the MW light go on and off correctly when messages are left and retrieved.

Regards
Carl
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
Don't forget the Teleco Voicemails use different DTMF integration to the Toshiba Stratagy Voicemails.
Check the MW light go on and off correctly when messages are left and retrieved.

Hopefully the entire system was already setup with the correct VM codes in place.

jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
It's all good! Users can leave messages, record greetings, and message lights work as intended. Now does anyone here know how to turn off the auto attendant? I can't find anything going through the contact administration menu? Maybe this is done in CTX programming? Which program (100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600 .etc) would this fall under? I have a CTX Phone button system programming manual which has worked out so far. I'm using a DKT-3020-SD telephone for this. When an external call comes in, I want it to ring the line directly. No auto attendant. Any suggestions?

Jared

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,287
Posts638,784
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,814 Shoretel
188,977 CTX100 install
187,206 1a2 system
Newest Members
A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt
49,766 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 124 guests, and 168 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024