web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#627334 02/11/19 05:54 PM
OP Offline
Wondering if anyone else has run into similar issue. We have an ASC card in slot 4 that periodically locks up....card has a link light but SMTP stops working. It will not respond to ping test, and EVERY TIME we have to reset the Base Cabinet to clear the issue. Happened 3 times now, anywhere from 1.5 month to 3 months apart. Tried different LAN switch ports, simply unplugging/plug back in to LAN does nothing. Any feedback appreciated. BTW, slot 1 and 2 are D12's, slot 3 is a CS-SIP8, and then the CS-ASC is in slot #4. Running 12.5.55.37 on processor, ASC is 1.2.1.15.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I have the same issue on a 200 cabinet. Have to reset the main cabinet to get it working again. Last time happened was in November, and just got call today that emails stopped working. Tried to get into remotely and cannot but customer was able to log into it locally via ssh so will go onsite tomorrow. Changed external smtp hosts from yahoo business to gmail back in November and thought it was fixed, but still happening.

Have you tried changing the mobile messaging from the asc card to the sip card?

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Make sure the IP Address on the ASC card is locked down to ESI Only ( they have a bunch of IP's ), I also recommend using ESI's smtp relay setup.

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
OP Offline
Originally Posted by RegisMT
I have the same issue on a 200 cabinet. Have to reset the main cabinet to get it working again. Last time happened was in November, and just got call today that emails stopped working. Tried to get into remotely and cannot but customer was able to log into it locally via ssh so will go onsite tomorrow. Changed external smtp hosts from yahoo business to gmail back in November and thought it was fixed, but still happening.

Have you tried changing the mobile messaging from the asc card to the sip card?

Thanks for the replies. Ports 1 and 2 of my SIP card for signaling and media stream are connected direct/split to Spectrum SBC device SIP trunking dedicated port. Our NSP is on the LAN and port fwding setup for remote access. The ASC is on customer LAN and I have it set to send SMTP to our relay server at our office, as we have done with many other sites on a Toshiba or Zultys. The ASC static address is not even pingable when this occurs. Maybe a port mirror switch and a laptop left onsite to capture would reveal something.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by nonameyet
Make sure the IP Address on the ASC card is locked down to ESI Only ( they have a bunch of IP's ), I also recommend using ESI's smtp relay setup.
I had IT verify that only port 22 was reachable from ESI's public IP, as well as setup the ESI SMTP service. No lockups since. Previously there were a bunch of hack attempts on the card. Just wanted to follow up.

Originally Posted by olflattop
Originally Posted by nonameyet
I had IT verify that only port 22 was reachable from ESI's public IP, as well as setup the ESI SMTP service. No lockups since. Previously there were a bunch of hack attempts on the card. Just wanted to follow up.

Good to Hear , Thanks for the Update

Brian

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 71 guests, and 252 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024