web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
We have a small client with a 50 that recently started losing sync with the IP phones. It started about a week ago when they came in that morning and the phones were all locked trying to connect to the host. They rebooted the system and the phones connected right away. It started happening twice a day at almost the same time. It took them a week to call us. We went out yesterday and the phones were stuck trying to connect when we arrived. We connected to the system through the network no problem. The network switch and power supply are fine. They only have IP stations so we connected a digital phone and it functioned fine. We rebooted the system and the phones connected. We thought it might be power related so we replaced the power supply and the ups and started monitoring the power receptacle. After an hour or so of monitoring ( no problems) we left. We were gone about 10 minutes and it happened again. The system has 6 IP phones, 1 analog, and ESIs SIP trunks. Any ideas/suggestions before we hang another cabinet and swap the SIP licenses?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

You say this happens at about the same time everyday. Have you wiresharked the network at that time? We had an issue with a printer software that would prob the network and it would shut down our communication and it was set to run at certain times of the day. Also check for duplicate IP addresses of the IVC port. Possibly a random phone kicking on the wifi could be taking it over. Keep us informed.

OP Offline
The phone system has it's on switch. The only thing on it are the 6 phones, the NSP, the 2 SIP ports, and a uplink port.The NSP and the IVC IPs are blocked from the available IP list to avoid conflicts. The NSP is on the network and the IVC is on a seperate subnet.

OP Offline
I was just informed they installed an IP camera system a couple of days before the trouble started but nobody knows it's IP scheme. We checked the network for devices in the 172.18.0 range yesterday and found nothing.

Since on a 50 the port for NSP and IVC are the same, it is still possible that something is flooding the network even though they are on different subnets. I would definetly sniff the port the NSP/IVC is plugged into to see if there is a massive amount of traffic hitting it.

OP Offline
Update!!!
I was onsite today and decided to ask one more time if they had changed anything. She informed me she had plugged her workstation into her phones PC port. LIGHTBULB!!! I asked her when she had done this to which she replied just before the trouble started. 2 seconds to fix. So ask them questions and if it doesnt add up ask them again. I actually felt rude asking again but I got the info I needed and they dont have to reboot 4 times a day. Win win.

Originally Posted by apccommgrp
Update!!!
I was onsite today and decided to ask one more time if they had changed anything. She informed me she had plugged her workstation into her phones PC port. LIGHTBULB!!! I asked her when she had done this to which she replied just before the trouble started. 2 seconds to fix. So ask them questions and if it doesnt add up ask them again. I actually felt rude asking again but I got the info I needed and they dont have to reboot 4 times a day. Win win.
Good Job!!!

Retired Admin
Retired Admin
Originally Posted by apccommgrp
I was onsite today and decided to ask one more time if they had changed anything. She informed me she had plugged her workstation into her phones PC port.
Ever since the telephone guy left the elevators haven't be working...

Dean
Photographs:
https://www.instagram.com/deanwilsoncanby/
https://fstoppers.com/profile/deanwilsoncanby
https://www.facebook.com/Dean-Wilson-Photography-112841337020414

Please don't confuse your "Internet Search" with my licenses, certifications and over 30 years experience.

"Thank you for calling Technical Support. If you feel you have reached this number in error, please hang up and press redial."
Dean

If I had a nickle for every time that happened.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!

Moderated by  5years&counting, nonameyet 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (Toner, justbill), 125 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024