web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I am having some interesting results with Park Recall times, I was hoping someone could help.

I'm trying to control how long the recall takes to occur as well as how long it lasts. I have been working in 24-01.

I've found that I seem to be able to control how long it takes for the recall to occur by changing 24-01-06 (Park Hold Time Recall Time) which makes sense.

I also changed 24-01-02 and found it seems to control how long the recall lasts on the first recall.

Example:

24-01-06: 90
24-01-02: 10

This would result in a parked call initiating a recall after 90 seconds, that recall would last 10 seconds.

Where I run into issues is if they don't answer that recall and let another 90 seconds pass. On the phone screen it still beeps and indicates "Hold Recall" however it lasts much longer than 10 seconds. It seems to last for multiple minutes, I haven't actually sat all the way thru to determine the exact length of time.

Does anyone have any ideas on what setting controls this?

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

According to the F&S manual,
24-01-02 System Options for Hold - Hold Recall Callback Time
A trunk recalling from Hold or Park rings an extension
for this time. This time works with Hold Recall
Time or Park Hold Time. After this time, the system
invokes the Hold recall time again. Cycling between
time 01 and 02 and 06 and 07 continues until a user
answers the call.

24-01-06/07 is determined by class of service.

24-01-06 System Options for Hold - Park Hold Time - Normal
A call left parked longer than this time recalls the extension
that initially parked it.

24-01-07 System Options for Hold - Park Hold Time - Extended
(Recall)
A call left parked longer than this time recalls the extension
that initially parked it.

OP Offline
Yes, that is the same thing I was reading. It doesn't seem to obey these rules though after the Park Hold Recall Timer expires the second time.

OP Offline
To add slightly to confusion I mis-spoke before. The settings I've found so far that affect things for me are

24-01-06: This will determine how long before the recall occurs.
24-01-04: This is determining how long the recall lasts.

I'm not sure why 24-01-04 is controlling the length of the first recall for me. We are parking the calls using Function keys programmed as *04-Park Key.

As I mentioned before, it's on the second time the Hold recall occurs that it seems to last over 5 minutes long. I still haven't gotten the exact length but I waited at least that long.

I am sure I've overlooked something, but I cannot figure out what it is. I'm a little hazy how 20-31 plays into things.

What's the application you would park someone for that period of time?

20-31 does not come into play unless 20-29 is set.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
We occasionally will have callers parked for extended periods if they demand to talk to someone despite them not being available for 10-15 minutes. We will typically make sure the caller is aware that they will be on hold for that long and recommend they accept being transferred to voicemail instead. If they persist and say they are fine with waiting then we will park.

So, we are trying to balance between having reminders/recalls for those occasions a parked call genuinely got lost in shuffle (very busy office, lots of phone calls) and allowing for longer parked calls on a less frequent basis.

My hope was to have a recall happen every 3 minutes and last for 10 seconds. However, we are finding this works the first time (Recall after 3 minutes) and then just Recalls indefinitely the second time (6 minutes 10 seconds into the park).

Thanks for clarification on 20-31, that makes more sense now.

Last edited by DMontgomery; 03/22/19 09:28 AM.
There is a extended park recall setting.

We get old too soon, smart too late
OP Offline
Are you talking about 24-01-07?

I haven't been able to get it to do anything thing. I could be misunderstanding it's use though. Do you think you have to park the call in a different way, or change some settings on the park

I'm using a function key assigned with *4-Park Key, maybe I need to use something else to indicate it's an "Extended Park"?

I'm not at my computer now to look up anything, but I know I've programmed Park as a one touch key as #6* which will park in the next available orbit. To use it, answer call, press Transfer - Park.

Use another key for Unpark, which is programmed as *6 . Unpark + orbit number.

Hth.
Jim

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,796 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
2 members (hitechcomm, nortelvoip), 189 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024