Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#628748 04/02/19 10:12 PM
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
Member
OP Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2008
Posts: 45
customer has Toshiba Strata with pots lines and many DKT phones and only 1 analog phone - polycom speakerphone
they have 2 RSTU2 circuit cards
recently the 1 analog extension was no longer able to break dialtone with touchtone
it can still receive calls
but previously it was able to dial extensions as well as 9 for an outside call
i've tried program 30 LED 11 and 31 LED 17
I've also tried replacing the RSTU2 card
still not able to break dialtone
please help

Atcom VoIP Demo
VoIP Demo
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,918
Likes: 1
Administrator
Offline
Administrator
Joined: Aug 2002
Posts: 4,918
Likes: 1
system reset and test again at the block with a 2500 set or buttset

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 933
Likes: 1
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 933
Likes: 1
RSTU2 cards are really old these days so you might have to replace it with another RSTU2 or RSTU3.
Have you got another RSTU2 card in the system that you could swap around to see if the fault follows the card or stays affecting the same port as it could be a programming issue.


Regards
Carl
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,273
Likes: 1
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Joined: Jun 2003
Posts: 3,273
Likes: 1
Or try moving the RSTU to another slot. I've experienced this before on a DK.

Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: Mar 2006
Posts: 642
There is a piggy back card on the processor that translates dtmf crcu-2 or something like that, the programming for the card has to include the piggy back in 03 I think. You can also turn system off reseat piggyback card and hope that fixes it


"90% of the politicians make the other 10% look bad" Henry Kissinger
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 17
Member
Offline
Member
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 17
This sounds like a DK system. Have you tried running Ram Check prog 00 51 and 00 61?

Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 933
Likes: 1
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Offline
Moderator-Toshiba
*****
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 933
Likes: 1
The OP has not responded since the 3rd of April so I would presume he has fixed it by now.

Good suggestions by everyone hopefully stevenkaufhold will update the post to tell us what he had found was the cause.


Regards
Carl

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics93,832
Posts636,785
Members49,649
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
Today's Birthdays
bravesfan, cjvio, Cory S., Jack Scott, l.landeche, TexasD
Newest Members
devben, bubblegum, Carl Arnold, Marjan Shaw, KoolBreeze
49,648 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
ramo 13
pvj 11
Toner 9
dans 5
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: Business Phone Systems | Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers.
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2023
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.5