web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi,

It has been a long time since I have used my 1A2 system. We long ago got rid of our land lines, so there was no 1A2. However, the system, wiring and phones are all still in place, and now that the grandkids are gone, I want to use it again. Here is the issue... I cannot get a POTS line! Every thing is VOIP (yuk), and I am not sure what to do.

I have the "Lunch box" KSU in my basement. It comes on, the buttons work, etc. Is there some way to use this with "phone over the internet" systems? Do the VOIP (UVERSE) provide ring current and T/R voltages?

Also, once I get this up and running, I want to upgrade to a bigger system so that I can use a call director and some auxiliary features such as intercom, tie line (to my outbuilding) and overhead paging so I can page my wife to bring me a beer. What should I look for to upgrade? So far, e-bay has been relatively good to me as has been The Phoneco Inc.

Thanks in advance!

Joe

Real comms took 200lb teletypes, hand keys, sounders, operators and cranked phones!
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Do the VOIP (UVERSE) provide ring current and T/R voltages?

If you can use a regular single line phone with it then it has to, no? Check with your butt set.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
Hi Joe,

My VOIP works fine for my 1a2 but you want to make sure your using WECO line cards that are issue 15 or later or ITT cards are good too.

If your VOIP does not have enough ring current you could get a old Panasonic 308 or 816 KSU and put it in front of the 1A2.

If you looking to upgrade your 1A2 KSU, you may want to try to find a 501 KSU. Thats I have and here are some photos of it. I like the all in one design as it has room for a intercom. But they are hard to find.... You may want to look for the 620A panel with power supply that will give you 8 lines.

https://sundance-communications.com...627056/long-awaited-501-ksu-setup-photos

But the other guys on here can give better information then I can.

Brian

Moderator-1A2
Moderator-1A2
Everything I recall reading online about Uverse leads me to believe they have some problems with low voltage and loop current. Most of the pulse to tone converters available all make mention of not working properly with Uverse. My -guess- would be the loop current is sub 20ma. I have several sources of voip dialtone and I've measured them all. My Ooma is the lowest right at 20ma, and with some older phones, usually the ones with the slug tuned tone dials, they sometimes don't like to work on the ooma. Most every decent analog telephone adapter (ATA) has some provision for setting on hook voltage, ringing voltage and wave form, and loop current. (Within set limits, obviously) I have my 1A2 ksu fed with a POTS line, 2 obihai ATA's, and a linksys ATA, and it seems pretty happy to do what it does. They all ring up, dial out, and work just fine. Also.... If you're looking for rotary compatibility, try the Grandstream Handy Tone series of ATA. I have a couple HT-702's fed into my partner system and they work with rotary dialing just fine. They are a little fussy, so be sure your dial is pretty close to 10pps, but it should work ok. They have decent loop current and ringing voltage, too. I've been getting a bunch of lines from Voip.MS lately, their pricing is decent IMHO, at least for my uses, and once you get the hang of their interface, getting more lines is super easy.

Moderated by  ChrisRR, EV607797, Silversam 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 54 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024