web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
I have a 5 slot pbx system with 24 extensions (308E, 400EC, ASC 509 processor) and extensions ports 14, 16 & 17 have stopped working. It was after a monster storm, could be coincidence. I tried a different handset, not the problem. I have restarted the system a couple of times and no luck. Is it possible that these ports just quit working?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Online Content
Spam Hunter
If the system programming hasn't been corrupted, I'd replace the processor.

I Love FEATURE 00
Are the displays not working on those phones? I know you said you restarted the system. I just pull the plug. Sounds like you need a new ACS though. I have seen this a few times from lightning and the wiring isn't even outside the building. One time it took out the ethernet port on a network printer.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
dexman, how do I find out if the programming has been corrupted? Everything else is still working as expected as far as I know.

hbiss, the phones work just fine on other extensions.

This storm also took out a 24 port network switch. I was afraid that I'd need to replace the unit, they are just so expensive - I was hoping for a magic wand type solution.

Originally Posted by mholmes911
dexman, how do I find out if the programming has been corrupted? Everything else is still working as expected as far as I know.

That's why I asked you if the displays were working on those phones that don't work. No way can programming cause the display to not work.

hbiss, the phones work just fine on other extensions.

Irrelevant.

This storm also took out a 24 port network switch. I was afraid that I'd need to replace the unit, they are just so expensive - I was hoping for a magic wand type solution.

That's not a good sign.

-Hal

CALIFORNIA PROPOSITION 65 WARNING: Some comments made by me are known to the State of California to cause irreversible brain damage and serious mental disorders leading to confinement.
OP Offline
Originally Posted by hbiss
[quote=mholmes911]dexman, how do I find out if the programming has been corrupted? Everything else is still working as expected as far as I know.

Originally Posted by hbiss
That's why I asked you if the displays were working on those phones that don't work. No way can programming cause the display to not work.

The phones on the extensions in question do not have an lcd display. Only lights next to the buttons, which is why I said they work elsewhere.

Last edited by mholmes911; 05/28/19 09:17 PM.
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Back up to the PC Card
Disconnect from AC power
Remove AAA batteries
Disconnect all extension cables
Grab a display phone
Plug back into power
Test all functions of the display phone on all extension ports.
If any of them do not cause the display to work properly, or don't have audio, or don't dial out, those ports are bad and you should replace the ACS

If all extension ports work properly, re-install the AAA batteries and restore from the PC card
Test the display phone in all extension ports - if any do not function properly, programming is at fault, erase the configuration and reprogram

Reconnect the extension cables one by one, testing after each connection. If one connection causes the system to fail, troubleshoot the wiring run or telephone set connected to it.

OP Offline
Thank you Touch Tone Tommy - I will give this a try.

The phones on the extensions in question do not have an lcd display.

So you couldn't take a display phone from another location and try it???

-Hal

Moderator-Avaya
Moderator-Avaya
Is it possible that these ports just quit working?

Yep, sounds like it.

Avaya SMB Authorized Business Partner. ACIS/APSS
ESI Certified Reseller/Installer
www.regal-comm.com
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,793 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (Curlycord, dexman), 84 guests, and 247 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024