web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#632533 09/06/19 03:33 PM
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
I bought a used Toshiba CTX-100 system that has a MIPU 16 card installed with 16 SIP Trunking channels licensed to it and I used it to upgrade my existing system by replacing the CPU card and adding the MIPU card. I'm trying to setup the sip trunk with my provider which in this case is SIPStation by Sangoma.
I had the SIP trunk running through a Cisco SPA-112 which ran to the RCOU trunk card and that worked well for a time. Now I want to get it to run through the MIPU card but I'm having authorization issues. I contacted Sangoma about it and I was told for some reason the it was sending the DID instead of the username on port 1024? I changed the SIP URI in SIP Trunking settings to the username instead of the DID and it sent the username but was still unauthorized? I saw in Service Definition there's 3 options on registration, None, Client, and Server. None and Client don't seem to be working but I can't change it to server as it throws and error message "CTX Error: (0x21a501) The inputted value which cannot be used was selected. "Server" and "None" cannot be used in FK5. "Enable" can not be used in FK15, "BOTH" can not be used FK19, "Enable" can not be used in FK19."?

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

SIP trunking is not always easy. Several SIP trunk providers have been tested with the Toshiba CIX and they usually have a quick setup guide. You should be OK with many SIP trunks, but Toshiba isn't going to be 100% compatible with all of them. Also the tech support may not be familiar with Toshiba.

Firmware will make a difference, both on the MPU and the CIX software. I saw a case where the CIX would not register to the SIP trunk until the firmware and software was upgraded.

One, FYI, the Server registration never worked, and really you would never need it. In some cases you could use None, but usually you use Client registration.

Getting it all working correctly is a bit of a challenge. Since you are completely blind on the CIX side, you will need some help from the provider. Hopefully they can see something in the registration that can be adjusted, but most of those guys are probably more familiar with Asterisks systems.

So I Suggest getting some more information about what they see during registration and see if you can get to the system up to the latest version the MIPU firmware (2.20) and the CIX software (5.20.MT81)

jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks newtecky. I'm using an ACTU3A CPU card. In the Network eManager it's telling me I have "Equipment Version" AR5.20 MT055.00. I'm not too familiar on Toshiba revisions since I'm not a Toshiba Dealer but I do own a CTX-100 which is now a CIX-100 after buying a used CPU card which came with the MIPU-16 card. I do know how to maintain the system and program advanced features as I have already done so by erasing the old config and re-programmed it to my needs using the eManager software. I'm not sure where I could find CIX revision "5.20.MT81" as it's not in my personal file library. Usually the DID is put into the "SIP URI" field but Sangoma was seeing it as the username. Maybe the higher revision would help?

Jared

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Jared

I will send you a PM can you reply with the credentials that you have been supplied by SIPStation by Sangoma and I can adsvise on how you need to configure the CIX?

The MT055 that you have is fine for SIP trunking with a MIPU 02_08 version.

I do have a SIP trunk setup guide I can send you as well.

Regards
Carl
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
PM replied

Just as an FYI; version 5.20MT55 will work with a lot of SIP providers, and I a sure I have a few running that version, but recently I was helping someone connect to Callcentric SIP trunks, and the Toshiba would not authenticate. The Toshiba CIX was not replying to a 407 Proxy Authentication required message from the SIP server properly so it could never registered . Turns out MIPU firmware version 2.20 had a fix.

Also I found out that with 5.20MT81 and MIPU 2.20, they got P-Asserted identity working on the CIX, even though tech support said that thus was never implemented on the CIX. It seems that this was undocumented and even tech support didn't know about it.

jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Carl, sent you another PM

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Hi Jared

I have sent you the guide via email.

Regards
Carl
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi Everybody!
Turns out the issue was with the SIP Trunking provider as their authentication methods were not compatible with Toshiba SIP Trunking. I have switched providers which allows IP Address authentication and now the SIP Trunks work. Thanks everyone for your efforts!

Jared

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,096 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,790 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 115 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024