web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#633283 10/14/19 05:52 AM
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
I am curious to know if there is an ATA adapter out there that would allow DID information to be passed into a Toshiba system using an RDDU card? I know a Cisco SPA-112 allows VOIP calls to be converted to a "POTS" line where it would then be routed in the system using "DIT" in Trunk Assignments. However the adapter only allows 1 telephone number per line, where I'm curious to see if there's an adapter that just converts SIP to POTS and then passes the DID number into the Toshiba system where it then would route to either an extension, pilot number, voice mail .etc?

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

I would think that doing SIP to PRI would be the only way to accomplish what you are asking about. POTS numbers don't usually pass any DID information no matter who the provider is (cable, SIP, Telco).

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks! Just wanted to see if such an adapter exists!

Are you trying to connect to an existing Toshiba system? I don't know the most cost effective way, but I have connected a CIX with a BPTU to SIP using an Adtran TA 900 series. Maybe you can find some used Toshiba BPTU and an Adtran that some Telco left behind.

jm2014 Offline OP
OP Offline
No just asking if such a thing is possible if I ever run into a situation down the road where that would be a good idea. I've looked up VOIP PRI adapters on google but they seem rare and quite expensive! What could be done is upgrade PRI to SIP service and use spare CO trunks or add RCOU cards (space permitting) and have that ring a certain extension only. The Cisco SPA adapters activate the FXS port based on the "Resident Online Number" or DID in common terminology.

I know grandstream and digium make them. I think Adtran has device that can accomplish that as well. and yes they are not cheap. However converting a legacy system to sip trunks there aren't a lot of options.

The Cloud is just someone else's computer!
Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
I have used Mediatrix gateways to convert a SIP trunk into PSTN, ISDN 2 and PRI (obviously the PSTN gateway doesn't support the DID from the SIP trunks)
I have also used Audiocodes M1000 4xPRI with the same result supporting DID.

Regards
Carl
I just got an Epygi SIP to PRI working in our test bench. I noticed that Toshiba mentioned them for PRI to SIP to their IPEdge, so we decided to try them on the CIX the other way, SIP to PRI on the Toshiba.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,695
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
3 members (Toner, Curlycord, Professor Shadow), 97 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024