web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hi guys

I have an annoying problem on an OS7400 with about 7 x we voip android phones working fine, but I am no longer able to get any extra phones to download the profile from server.
They are all S5 Galaxy phones . Two of them cannot even find the wevoip app from Playstore for reasons unknown. I tried my own S5 and it finds the app but cannot connect to server.
My personal S9 Galaxy also cannot connect to server. (It normally works straight away on other systems). All phones are on the correct wifi which is in the system profile 5.2.23 and they connect to the Wifi itself OK. I haven't tried the dreaded system reset yet! It is a large hotel at London Bridge and I am reluctant to reset in case they lose the 7 working Galaxy S5 phones.

best wishes

mike

Mike
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The phones download from the mp40 via http.
Can you use the web based dm on this system?

The player store issue is likely to be a region issue, the phone or play store think they are in a different region where wevoip isn't available

OP Offline
Hi nameless
Thanks so much for the reply! Yes I can use the DM tool and http is set in the IP options. Seven Wevoip apps are already working and I am going to try a system reset and then see if the non-working S5 Galaxy phones can get the profile (which hasn't been changed on the system). It is interesting what you say about the phones, that they think they are in a different region, I think you are spot-on there! Do you know if there is a way of telling the phone it is in a different region. I suspect this customer has brought these phones in from Asia as he makes lots of trips to the Phillipines..

Mike
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Not sure how you region change a phone. Make sure they are set to the country your in and the correct language.
My phone is one I got from kogan online and is either Vietnamese or Indian model.

I think the unable to download profile error is misleading. Make sure that the profile for the phones is setup correctly with the correct authentification id (can't believe they all haven't fixed that nearly 3 years later)

Just looked in the play store it says s5 is not supported anymore. Needs to be s6 or higher.

OP Offline
I see you mention the authentication id, I think you refer to menu 2.7.2? I have always wondered how the device cares about what you enter in there. I usually use the extension number as Auth username and just enter 12345678 for the auth password . But you don't get asked to enter these in the app. I enter MAC address in auth number field in 5.2.24
Then on the app I enter system IP address and I think it should just register? I am never asked for a user ID on the app, so I guess it doesn't care what you enter for the auth password in 2.7.2?

PS thanks for confirming that the S5 isn't compatible!

Mike
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
You don't need to-do anything in 2.7.2. It's all done in 5.2.24 from memory.

Make sure you're using the local ip for the mp40, not the public ip.
Though I think if you are registering them remotely you can use the public ip first then current to local once the profile has downloaded.

You do have your whitelist setup correctly (or disabled).

It's been about 3 years since I've used wevoip on an os7000 so this is all from memory.

OP Offline
You have a good memory then! a lot better than mine. Yes I have whitelist set up correctly (disabled) and I am registering them all locally via the MP40 LAN IP . It is odd that some phones carry on working and only additional phones cannot register. I just hope after I reset the system, the working ones will still work!
I'll come back on here with what happens!
Thanks again

Mike
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Next obvious question, you do have enough wevoip licenses for the additional phones?

OP Offline
Good question! I did check that and they do have enough. Following the system reboot, the phones started to register (apart from one which was set to another country).
So all OK again thank you!
But just as was about to leave they came out with another issue, that of "handshake problems" when walking about the hotel. They have about 40 Samsung WEA302i APs and one WEC8050 controller. I will have to go back in on another day for that. Although I did have a hand in the installation, Samsung UK were responsible for it and did all the config.
This was about 5 years ago, so most of the APs are that old. I am thinking that these APs may suffer over time, like their antennas must depreciate a little over a period of time?

Mike

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,710 CTX100 install
186,795 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
pvj 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 183 guests, and 233 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024