web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello -

I am trying to set up a manual night service function for a business using a BCM50. The receptionist answers all calls during the day, and currently lets the Rogers voicemail service answer the calls after hours (the Rogers voicemail is set to pick up after 8 rings). Rogers does not offer the capability to use a greeting-only mailbox, and the business does not want customers to be able to leave messages after hours... they end up with their voice mailbox full of "hang-ups."

I have seen online that it is possible to set up a manual ringing service and assign the required lines to ring the voicemail DN, and others have said they just use F984. However, in my understanding, these methods would route callers to the general delivery mailbox which takes messages.

Is there a way that I can create an information mailbox (greeting only) to use with a night service?

Thanks,

Matteo

Nortel Phone System Service
VoIP Demo

Nortel Phone System Service in Canada

Do you need a Nortel Phone System technician or specific Nortel parts?
Atcom to the rescue! Our telephone techs have qualified experience servicing and troubleshooting Nortel CICS, MICS, & BCM telephone systems.
Service in Canada from sea to sea.

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
I hope I am reading you correctly.

You want after hours calls to be answered to give information - but let nobody leave a message ?

Best way is to have Evening and or Non-Business times play a greeting that is blank.
Then set up CCR to have Path 0 = INFO.
And when the announcement is finished select Disconnect.
ALSO - set for that timeframe in the Table, Disable DN Dialing - check the box.

Call comes in - INFO is given out, they cannot DN dial and get disconnected after the message.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Yes, that is correct. Thank you for your reply!

Is there a way to manually enable/disable the CCR setup instead of using automatic schedules? I'm asking because the office does not always open and close at the same times from week to week, and they would like the ability to control the night mode themselves.

Thanks,

Matteo

Former Moderator-Nortel
Former Moderator-Nortel
IF you put all of that in just the NON-Business part of the Greeting Table you can then use the Operator settings.
Use Feature 982.
Then go through and find BUSINESS OPEN - change it to NO.

Also try it as I said. Do a test call and try to hit ZERO.
IF it goes to the attendant, then also in the Feature 982 change the Atdt Avail to NO.

Then when you open up the next morning - change them back to YES.

If CON is the opposite of PRO
Then what is the opposite of Progress?
OP Offline
Okay, sounds good.

Thank you!

Moderated by  MooreTel 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,694
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,704 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (teleco), 117 guests, and 255 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024