web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline
Hello, is there a quick way to setup in emanager for a CIX670 to have a number be able to call in to a DID and be able to access and use all call page? I know there would be a few ways to do it internally and also with a VOIP phone but this user is off site and mobile without a desk to use voip desk phone. I thought there'd be a way to do it in the VM part but that is on ipedge and I'm pretty sure that will just call up the paging in the phone system in there which goes nowhere. Maybe a scripted thing in voice assistant maybe make a dial for access to it also to stop and spam calling bots from getting into it, not sure. I know it would make it more difficult but not sure if I have much more options.

I do know when I throw #30 into a DID and call it disconnects smile Thank you in advance if anybody has an idea to share.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

For the CIX, I have setup DIT tonight bell to ring at night, but I don't think I have ever set up a DID or DIT to the paging adaptor. It probably isn't possible by design.

I set up paging using the IPEdge. In my script, I was paging to 2 different sites. I think a script to page would be pretty easy to do. If this is a number that can be dialed from anywhere, then I would agree that you should have a short menu to prevent robocalls.

Take a look at the IPEdge scripts and let me know if you need some assistance.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Try DISA. But I would think that the volume would be low if the user is trying to page over a trunk line on a cell phone.

OP Offline
Thanks guys, Im thinking though I'm sure that the ipedge isn't hooked up to the paging system just the CIX. DISA I'll looked into.

OP Offline
Note

To call another station after completing a
DISA station call, the internal party must
transfer you. Station and System Page cannot
be accessed on DISA calls.

So yeah ill probably just set a voice assistant port to get called and have a default script it runs which would be something like answer wait for user to push 1 and then have that extension dial #30 something like that.
I don't think they have anything setup for a sip phone on android and I'm sure theirs nothing that even works anymore for android to toshiba system + nothing is setup in the firewall which would make this simple request blown out of proportion with time.

Originally Posted by toinfinity
Thanks guys, Im thinking though I'm sure that the ipedge isn't hooked up to the paging system just the CIX. DISA I'll looked into.
When I first created a script it was specifically using a IPEdge app server on 2 CIX 670 systems that were connected by QSIG. I used the IPEdge to record a prompt and then page to each CIX system.

I did have an issue with paging over QSIG, that needed to be fixed by Toshiba, but it worked perfectly on the local system.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
Just supply a Snom PA1 it is a SIP extension to PA interface.
When you call the SIP extension it auto answers and opens up the speech path to the PA port.

Regards
Carl
Originally Posted by Carlos#1
Just supply a Snom PA1 it is a SIP extension to PA interface.
When you call the SIP extension it auto answers and opens up the speech path to the PA port.
Like using those PI-DKT adapters.

OP Offline
Yeah I already have a paging system to work with. Its such a weird request but oh well I'll see if I can accommodate any request someone ask of me.

If your vm is a Mas or ies you can set it up to do the page. I've done this before and it worked well.

look up Article # 2547 in web knowledge base on fyi.

PBX Battery backup systems

www.telcom1.net
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
2 members (justbill, Toner), 132 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024