web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
Hello all. I was wondering if licensing information is saved on system backup to the SD card? If NO and we are unlucky enough to lose a processor, will we be out of luck concerning licensing assuming we can find a replacement processor?

Thank you!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
No it is only programming data that is backed up to the SD card which can be restored to a new processor if required.

All licensing is held in the processor and is non transferable as they are locked to the MAC address of the processor.

Regards
Carl
OP Offline
figured as much... So I guess we are looking at replacing our strata. Will need to stay with an on-premise digital system. Anyone have thoughts on manufacturer's? Looking at mitel or nec. Never touched an nec but have mitel experience from back in day so leaning towards Mitel.

Both Mitel and NEC are great systems but it really depends on what your needs are. More importantly, you should shop around for local dealers of these systems as the support of the systems will be more important in the long run.

Administrator
Administrator
I think a license move request can still be done via FYI by a dealer.
And Chris as a long time Toshiba dealer I can guarantee a hosted replacement for the Toshiba. That's all I have been doing since Toshiba called it quits.

Originally Posted by SSPhone
I think a license move request can still be done via FYI by a dealer.
And Chris as a long time Toshiba dealer I can guarantee a hosted replacement for the Toshiba. That's all I have been doing since Toshiba called it quits.

There are some requirements to transfer a license for a CIX processor. It had to be a new unlicensed processor, the old processor had to be shipped back, and you had to pay a "Scrap" fee.

Since they are no longer making new processors, and you can't generate licenses for a new system, you may have to ask Toshiba if they are still willing to do that, I was able to transfer a license from an IPEdge version 1.6 to the 1.7 virtual licenses.

Our company has also gone completely Hosted VoIP.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,100 Shoretel
187,712 CTX100 install
186,800 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 140 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024