web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
A customer wants to add a phone to answer incoming calls to the company. We're keeping on site dispatches to a minimum right now, so I had the customer log into the DCS to add the extension to the Operator Group. We found out the phone is already in the group. Other phones in the group do ring, but not the one in question. The customer mentioned the phone just has a 'Local' key - where others that ring have 2 incoming call keys. Her phone I believe has direct CO appearances.

I wonder if the phone in question isn't ringing because of what keys may be required on the phone? If it is a key layout change or something else, I don't want to task the customer with too much troubleshooting and/or configuration. Hopefully I'll be able to go to the site this week.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Sounds like the phone had been logged out.
Either remove and readd the extension to the group.
Or use the default feature code for login/out (53 iirc) then the group number.
This may reveal there is an ig key programmed on the phone (the button will light up when the phone is in the group)

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Ok thanks - I'll check if they recall ever logging in/out of the operator group.

Keyset6 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hey thanks again! I did some research after finding out the customer does log in. Sent the information to the customer, as you said the code was 53. The customer got back to me with this email:

GOOD NEWS!!! I DID IT!! HER PHONE RINGS INCOMING NOW!!!

I asked what group they used, she said 500. I guess that's the operator group, and 501 502 etc. would be a station group. This was a big help since we're still trying to limit on site visits. I do need to get out there though to move and add a phone. We still have many DCS phones in stock.

Last edited by Keyset6; 06/03/20 04:33 PM.

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,697
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,110 Shoretel
187,715 CTX100 install
186,809 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 11
TDKs79 7
pvj 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 113 guests, and 405 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024