web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
JonBall Offline OP
OP Offline
I have a 3 cabinet 670 that looks to be having issues with the NIC on the processor. I have lost network connectivity 3 times today. Voice mail integration is down.

We have 200 phones on the system. Does anyone have any quick fixes? I have a spare processor, but apparently I cannot move my system licenses over to it.

Pulling the processor out and reseating has worked temporarily, but it continues to go down. The ethernet cable was stuck in the processor and I accidentally pulled the processor instead of just the ethernet cable.

Anyone have a BCTU2A laying round with at least 170 basic ports and 70 IP end points?

Im sweating over here!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Toshiba
Moderator-Toshiba
You think that you damaged the NIC on the BCTU2A? What model is the voicemail? Perhaps you can do serial SMDI instead to get you by for now.

Have you tried to isolate the network with a small switch, just to rule out any network stuff? The Toshiba systems tend to be pretty sensitive the network issues, like broadcasts storms and IP conflicts. The iES will usually stop resending on the network until you reboot if there is an IP conflict. I know that you have IP phones, but you could just isolate the processor and iES onto a small switch.

Regarding the licenses, the end of October is when all licensing gets cut off for good. Mitel dealers got an extra year, which is now almost up. You can't license a new processor without contacting support. I don't know about license transfers. It might be worth contacting support. Your spare processor would have to be unlicensed for them to even consider it.

Otherwise, dig up a serial card, like Phonemeister mentioned.

JonBall Offline OP
OP Offline
So, I had installed an MIPU the night before and I am thinking it had a firmware issue. I updated the firmware on the MIPU last night and have not had any issues with the PBX since.

CIX version: AR520 MT055.00
New MIPU: MIPU0212

I remember seeing something on FYI that required a specific MIPU firmware to work with a specific CIX firmware.

Thoughts?

Some of the latest firmware versions of MIPU require the correct PBX firmware, and visa versa. Both the PBX and MIPU versions you are showing are several years behind (MT055 is from 2011), so they should be OK. I don't think that the MIPU versions were important that much until about version 5.20MT074 or 5.20MT076, if I remember correctly.

The release notes for MIPU version 0209 does say "Must use CIX system software R5.20 MT059 and higher" but I think this is for a feature enhancements for SIP trunks.

If you do want to use SIP trunks, I highly recommend that you use the latest PBX firmware along with the latest MIPU firmware.

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,771
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,457 Shoretel
188,317 CTX100 install
187,089 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (justbill), 111 guests, and 376 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024