web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by helpifican
Many operations in this system can be done using more than one set of codes. Both should work.
I suggest testing with a butt set before purchasing the conference unit. We have used them on many systems with no issues. IP units require a license.

Hello helpifican,

Thanks!!! The butt set thought is most helpful.

So if I am getting the drift correct, the SLT's do not need to have
any programming done?? They are already in a functional state??

Thanks again.

Les

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

It needs an ext number to be active. There are things you can program on an SLT. Only system I ever worked on that didn't need an ext # to be active was Tadiran.

SL2100 by default assigns station numbers to its analog ports.
2 analog station ports are built into the 8 port digital station card

We get old too soon, smart too late
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by dans
SL2100 by default assigns station numbers to its analog ports.
2 analog station ports are built into the 8 port digital station card

Yes, looking at PCPro the extension numbers for the SLT ports are listed
as Ext. 181 to Ext. 184

So, if I understand correctly if I would connect my butt set or a plain telephone
I would just dial 181 from any other extension phone and the connected phone
would ring??

Or from the phone go off hook, press 9 and dial an outside number and it
should start ringing that number.

If that be true then this gets much easier. The only challenge would be to get
the proper timing on a HookFlash. That is not easily possible on my butt set.
I will have to give it a test shot to see what happens.

Thanks,

Les

Sorry, late to the conversation, but I have a few customers with this exact set-up on the 1100 and 2100 with the SoundStation's and it works fine using the built-in Conference on the system. There is no need for hookflash or codes.

Set up your conference groups in 20-34 with passwords, conference length, etc.

Set up the group number in 11-19

Local users on MLT or SLT will just dial the conference group number, enter the password and they are connected.

Remote users can call in and enter the conference group number, enter the password and they are connected. I have a couple of systems that have DID's I have just forwarded to the conference so all they have to enter is the password. Multiple users, it works great. If they have analog lines and experience dB loss (which I have not come across), you can increase the conference gain in 14-01-04 and 05, but I think that only effects if it is done via phone and not the conference group.

If you are only going to have a single conference room, you can set-up the bridge button on the Polycom to automatically dial the extension and password with a single press of the soft button. Otherwise, you can set up each room in the phonebook and they would select it from the list.

Last edited by cswroe; 11/20/20 08:41 AM.
ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by cswroe
Sorry, late to the conversation, but I have a few customers with this exact set-up on the 1100 and 2100 with the SoundStation's and it works fine using the built-in Conference on the system. There is no need for hookflash or codes.

Set up your conference groups in 20-34 with passwords, conference length, etc.

Set up the group number in 11-19

Local users on MLT or SLT will just dial the conference group number, enter the password and they are connected.

Remote users can call in and enter the conference group number, enter the password and they are connected. I have a couple of systems that have DID's I have just forwarded to the conference so all they have to enter is the password. Multiple users, it works great. If they have analog lines and experience dB loss (which I have not come across), you can increase the conference gain in 14-01-04 and 05, but I think that only effects if it is done via phone and not the conference group.

If you are only going to have a single conference room, you can set-up the bridge button on the Polycom to automatically dial the extension and password with a single press of the soft button. Otherwise, you can set up each room in the phonebook and they would select it from the list.

Hi cswroe,

You are not late to the party. Actually you are right on time. Thanks for the input.
I have the SoundStation 2W on the way and I should have it next week.

Presently I have the SLT port patched through to a RJ11 jack. I have tested it with my
butt set and it is good. Have not done anything else at this time.

As for the programming you have provided is exactly what I needed. I will set those
locations as suggested.

Question: Locally there are only 4 CO lines so the number of remote users will be limited
to two(2). If the are calling in they would be answered by the receptionist. The receptionist
will then transfer to Ext. 181, will the remote user then be asked to enter the passcode or
will the receptionist do this when transferring??

Once I get the unit connected I may have other specific questions. grin

Thanks for the assist.

Les

In that specific scenario, the user will need to enter the security code, supervised transfer into the conference group does not work so the receptionist will transfer to 181 and hang-up.

I have tried different workarounds without success even trying to manually conference the conference group in will not work....the system knows.

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Originally Posted by cswroe
In that specific scenario, the user will need to enter the security code, supervised transfer into the conference group does not work so the receptionist will transfer to 181 and hang-up.

I have tried different workarounds without success even trying to manually conference the conference group in will not work....the system knows.

Thanks for the extra input.
The more likely procedure at this location will be staff will make the calls to the remote user
using the Conference Room phone. I assume that will connect them directly with out
the use of a passcode. Other local users will just dial the Ext. 181 and enter the passcode.

If that is correct then it will be very easy to set up and make functional.

Thank again.

Les

Last edited by ABLE1; 11/20/20 10:08 AM.
There may be some confusion; hopefully, I can elaborate.

The Conference Room phone (Polycom) will dial the number for the Conference Group (whatever number you designate in 11-19) and the password specified in 20-34. They are now part of the conference Group Call on the SL2100.

Anyone else on-site wishing to attend will dial the Conference Group Number (11-19) and the password (20-34). They are now part of the conference Group Call on the SL2100.

Off-site users will need to do the same. If they call into the receptionist, they can be transferred to the Conference Group by the receptionist pressing transfer and dialing the Conference Group Number (11-19), the off-site user will need to enter the password (20-34). They are now part of the conference group call.

Off-site users can be called by the receptionist and the same steps above will work.

There is really no way for the off-site user to not enter the passcode as far as I can tell. Maybe someone has a suggestion, but I have never been able to get around that limitation.

The only other option is to do a conference bridge outside the SL2100 using something like freeconferencecalling.com or another provider.

ABLE1 Offline OP
OP Offline
Hi cswroe,

Sorry that I am being confusing...................... laugh

SOoooooo, am I wrong, that a call from the Conference Room Phone at Ext. 181
with a number string like 9 717 XXX XXXX will not work to connect a remote
off site user??

If the answer to that is "yes" then I am wrong. Then it is also true that pressing the Conf. Button on the
PolyCom phone and dialing a second number to link to a 2nd user will not work as well??

With this specific application there might be maybe 4 to 5 users on site and will most likely be
in the conference room at the time off the call sitting around the table. Small office and shop.

They want to connect to a maximum of two remote users. I don't see a big problem with the
procedure you describe with connecting to the remote user. I just thought that going by the
way of the Polycom manual in connecting users to the discussion the simpler way to do it.

If the only way as you describe is the way it will work then so be it and it shall be.

I really appreciate the discussion here. Very helpful.

BTW the source that I purchased the Polycom from, turns out DO NOT HAVE stock even though the
website clearly states they had stock. I cancelled the order and have received a refund.

I have found another source and it is to be on the way. Will receive later than desired. mad

Thanks again!!

Les

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,279
Posts638,739
Members49,764
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,291 Shoretel
188,176 CTX100 install
187,019 1a2 system
Newest Members
andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo, highlysecptial
49,763 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 15
dexman 4
teleco 4
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 91 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024