web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
reaser Offline OP
OP Offline
I have one user that gets dropped voicemail messages every so often. Are these voicemails kept on the Voice Processing Unit somewhere so that I can review the message?

Has anyone experienced this and found a fix. We have already deleted the mailbox and recreated it.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Define dropped voicemail. They are lost, partial recordings, etc?

Recordings are kept in the AVDAP folder. The best way to extract them is through a Voicemail Save. Operations\Database Operations\Voice Processor Save. Choose Voicemail and check mark the boxes below. The next page will allow you to choose which mailboxes to back up. Afterward, open up the files in the save location. An N denotes new messages. An S denotes saved messages. They are in R24 audio format. I have an R24 to WAV converter if you need it.

This may not be the solution you need. It depends on what you want to do.

reaser Offline OP
OP Offline
I just obtained more information from the user. The full voicemail is actually there. Apparently they drop the call due to insufficient bandwith.

Strange that it only happens to this one user?

"Insufficient Bandwidth" is a kind of catch all. Any interruption in communication triggers this alert. Our network guy hates me for it. Check the physical stuff first. The RJ45 connection into the phone can make a pretty serious angle. So change the cable. Also, check the cabling between the phone and the network switch. if it continues, swap out the power supply. If it continues, swap out the phone, but hang on to the original one. If it stops, send the phone in for repair. If it continues, I don't know what I'd check next.

reaser Offline OP
OP Offline
LOL thanks for the tips, it's not an IP Phone though. So it had a standard RJ11 connector. It's odd because nobody else in that office gets this message. I will try swapping the phone and cable.

I took your insufficient bandwidth statement to mean it was an IP phone. You could also try reprogramming the extension to another card address.

Something doesn’t add up. Does the mailbox reside at the same node as the extension, or is it off-node? The connection is lost when the user is listening to the message replay?

reaser Offline OP
OP Offline
Yea it doesn't add up. He said every so often when listening to his vm this happens and occasionally when on a call. Nobody else in this office has mentioned this problem.

The VM is off-node but he states it's happening to calls also. Primarily it happens on his VM though.

OK - not a VM issue, but a network issue. Maybe he's the only one who notices.

Run an error log and look at the NDL file. That's the Network Device Log. It will show incidents of Insufficient Bandwidth, which probably happen more than you're aware.

reaser Offline OP
OP Offline
We are again revisiting this issue. The end user says it still happens and previously we did not do any further troubleshooting on this becaue the user just had the VM sent to his email. Now he is back to checking it via the phone and the same issue is happening.

When you say run an error log do you mean run the Diagnostics Monitor or is there another error report within Session Manager.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,097 Shoretel
187,702 CTX100 install
186,792 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 102 guests, and 243 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024