web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#639678 01/21/21 12:52 PM
OP Offline
Sorry to be blowing up this forum lately grin I know it's just a silly home project, so I appreciate everyone's time.

I've got the ACPU, EVCM, and an LSI II card in the cabinet to start with, just to test before I go any further. Power the system up, boots fine. Everything is wired up....but no signs of life from phones at all. No talk battery, no display (M64), no LED's. Nothing. I'm using 2 pairs per station, starting with blue/white and orange/white (not using an Executone MDF, but there's nothing weird about the layout of the wiring, right??). I changed button programming on the port I am using to be the default M64 layout. I've got extensions assigned to ports starting with port 001 on the F screen. LSI card has double green LED's. Processor itself seems happy, both of the upper red LED's are blinking. The system sees the LSI card. All cards/ports pass diagnostics no problem. But still, no signs of life. I've tried multiple ports. I've tried multiple LSI cards in multiple slots. I've tried all 4 phones I have right now. No luck.

Am I missing something here?

The phones aren't in the best shape in the world and are of unknown origin, so I suppose it's possible I happen to have 4 bad phones, but it just seems odd that they'd all show the exact same issue...so I'm thinking I'm missing something else.

Thanks!

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-ESI - Executone
Moderator-ESI - Executone
What ACPU are you running? ( also PM sent )

I can see the light at the end of the tunnel..

Retirement 2019 ( It has happened )
pvj Offline
Moderator-Executone-Isoetec, Samsung
Stupid question, but are your line cords 2 pair?
Your wiring is correct, 12 phones per card so only the last pair violet/slate are for external page.
You can measure voltage on the jack . It's been so long but you I think you should see voltage from a white/blue or blue/white wire to a white/orange orange/white wire at the jack. I think around 24-28 vdc should be there.

OP Offline
It's a 648 ACPU in a 108 cabinet.

And I am using 2 pair line cords. I'll check the voltage.

Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Moderator-Avaya, Polycom
Andy, very simple answer. Take a step back, leave it alone for a day or 2 and rethink the situation.
Through clear eyes vthe answer maybe be simple or at least in sight.

OP Offline
Well. It was a very simple answer. I had a box of line cords that should have been tossed out, and 1 of the phones I was testing with was no bueno.

All is well. Stupid line cord. Stupid me. bash

pvj Offline
A line cord. I'm still gonna take credit for being right smile

It is always the little thing. Especially when your looking for major things to be bad,
The Isoetec system was a work horse for it's day and very reliable for sure.
if you are using it for home use why are you doing PRI
And if you have the right version software on the ACPU when you install a Voice Mail card
the options will activate themselves no download needed.

Good Luck
and let us know how it goes.

mjc
OP Offline
Why am I using PRI? Easy. It's cheap--or at least I was able to make it cheap.

Several years ago Vitelity was selling SIP trunks to non-business entities for next to nothing. I'm paying $21/month for phone service with 6 DID's. Long distance and international calls are about a half a cent a minute. Instead of using analog adapters I spent about $30 or so on a used Cisco router and a T1 card for it. SIP service in to the router, out as a PRI. Works very, very well, especially now that I have fiber internet service at home.

And mc601, I'm looking for the VMS and VMI options for now so I can use 3rd party voicemail--at least until I acquire an Executone voicemail card or VXC. Which card would you recommend?

EVX card they use to sell them with a flash drive so you will not have hard drive issues

mjc

Moderated by  nonameyet, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,708 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
3 members (Yoda, Toner, Curlycord), 131 guests, and 245 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024