web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#63976 02/08/10 01:47 PM
OP Offline
We need to add an additional extension to our Inter-tel GLX plus (w/o LCD) & were told by AT&T that they cannot perform the work due to having an outside vendor supply our phone equipment. The vendor quoted us a price of $130 for the trip charge (inclusive of the 1st hour of work), however I am wondering if there are private contractors who might be able to punch the wires into the phone system since there is no dial tone at this extension currently? I did learn that the AT&T rep did find a dial tone at the AT&T equipment within our office, so I'm wondering if the jack is already wired & therefore the wires just need to be added at the phone equipment site. Please advise how I might go about finding a private party to handle this type of job vs. going with the phone vendor who wasn't willing to give any information on our account without actually coming out for the $130 fee. I would think that since they installed our system that they would be able to tell us if our current system can handle an additional extension without having to incur a fee to simply find that out.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
RIP Moderator-Nisuko-Tie, General
you could click on the installer link at the top of the page here or post in the request a installer forum

As old as the GLX is your current vendor may not be able to tell if the line can be added without a site visit to see how the system is configured

Skip
------------------------------------

Serving SW and West central Fl since 1984
As Skip said, it's an older system so even finding a tech that knows the system may be a little difficult. Don't get me wrong, it's a solid phone system, you just have to find someone who has been in the business a while. Also, please understand that it's more than just punching down the wire. Some programming may be needed.

To be perfectly honest I don't know the economy in Longwood, but $130 to get you up and going seems very reasonable based on Dallas rates. Feel free to post in our Request an Installer Forum to see if you can find someone in your area though. Who knowns? You might get it done cheaper.

welcome

PClifton,

I am Randy from Office Automation Inc. My company is based out of Longwood and we service Inter-tel in Central Florida and Nationally. I would be more than happy to send one of my service techs out for a NO-Charge site visit.

Randy

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,707 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (nonameyet), 110 guests, and 222 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024