Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#639797 02/04/21 06:32 AM
OP Offline
Hello everyone,
I've ran into the following issue:
If we forward an inbound call to an internal number that is not available (plug out) then the call gets routed to the default ring group 500.
In my example I set the inbound call to ring a SIP extension number which is not active (not registered - plugged out). When calling it the call automatically goes to the default ring group 500.

I want the caller to not get forwarded to the default group, but to hear the unavailable/unreachable sound and then hangup.
Is there a way to disable this, or edit the default ring group that is chosen?

Thanks.

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
The default ring group is set I mmc600 it can be set for each ring plan.
I think if you choose station busy or something like that in the did table it might do what you want. This setting could also be in mmc210 I can't remember

OP Offline
You we're right mmc600 is correct, there I could change the default ring group.

If the SIP Phone is not active - "not registered" the call goes to the default ring group - I tried setting a "call forward unreachable" with a mobex extension with no set mobile number, but it did not work - still goes to the ring group.

But I'm not sure which setting you are referring to with MMC210 - "station busy"?
And I don't see any special options in the DID table.

Last edited by Hofman telekom; 02/10/21 06:36 AM.
Moderator-Samsung
Moderator-Samsung
Ignore what i said about station busy, there is no such setting.

Mobex extensions won't work like that.

The long work around is to upload the busy tone to the vm and then set the call forward unreachable to vm and route it to the AA with the busy tone.

Try DID busy route and DID error tone in MMC210 that was what i was thinking of

OP Offline
I think I found the best way to get this to work:
Connect a digital phone and set it to DND. Then in the SIP Phone settings use the digital phones number as "Call forward unreachable".
This way on inbound calls and internal calls you get a unreachable tone when the SIP ext. is unreachable/turned off.

Are you just wanting for when any extension is unplugged to give the busy/ disconnect and then hangup or are you specifically trying to avoid calls from/ to a certain number?

If it is the latter, I usually do this in the voicemail. If you are filtering the call by DID, set the did to ring the voicemail group, then in Direct trunk set the call to goto bye block. If it's an incoming number, use CLI ringing to send it to the VM group.

It doesn't give the busy/ Discconect but does the job if you are just wanting to avoid the calls.

-B

Moderated by  nameless, pvj 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,285
Posts638,782
Members49,766
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,760 Shoretel
188,957 CTX100 install
187,197 1a2 system
Newest Members
James D., Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick
49,765 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 22
teleco 5
dexman 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
1 members (Professor Shadow), 135 guests, and 156 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024