Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#640097 02/28/21 04:47 PM
ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Have a request to help a friend on their Magix system. I've rarely touched them, so helping the best I can. They were having issues with noise on one of the CO lines. We verified it is the port on the KSU that is the culprit. They do have some unsued ports available. Using WinSPM, I was able to assign the line to an extension and it works great. Ultimately, we would like to reprogram the button that had the bad line (was line 4) and replace it with the new line (line 11). That way the end user knows no difference and the line is in the same location it always was. However, everytime we try to program that button in WinSPM, it tells me we need to run the lines wizard. I cannot find any wizards. It seems like each feature is easily programmed on a button except for a CO line. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to make this programming change?

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website
IP Office Help

Avaya IP Office Help & Support Website

FAQs, documentation, videos, updates, and support for the Avaya IP Office business phone system!
Everything you need to know about installing, upgrading, and troubleshooting IP 500v2 and IPO Server Edition systems.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
I'm not familiar with the wizard as I haven't had to switch lines around in the Magix I maintain, but...as an alternative, would it be doable to replace the defective module? With the exception of the Avaya Merlin Messaging, Magix hardware is fairly inexpensive on the aftermarket.

I Love FEATURE 00
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Moderator-Avaya-Lucent, Antique Tele
Programming lines in Magix and Legend is a pain in the @$$. It will put the line on the "next available" button, so if you don't want them in a linear order you have to add "placeholder" lines to occupy buttons, add the line you actually want, and then remove the placeholders. Assigning lines also overwrites existing buttons, so make note of what is there before you start, so you can put the lines back.

I don't like the wizards, and I'm not sure there is one for lines. However, I do like "Entry Mode" when dealing with lines, as you dial the line number instead of pressing a line button, which don't line up with where the lines actually appear.

In your case, you want to replace Line 4 with Line 11? Go to Extensions, Lines, Extension Number, Enter, Entry Mode, 804, Delete, 811, Enter, Back, Exit and you should be done.

ffej010 Offline OP
OP Offline
Thanks Tommy. That helped us out. You are correct....moving lines is a PAIN!

Dexman....suggested swapping out the card, but couldn't find a readily available part. Also, this system was installed in 1999, and no one knows when it was last rebooted. The building is a city office that is on UPS/generator, so they never lose power. A little leery of powering down and potentially losing programming.

Going to be working on a quote to get them upgraded to an IP Office in the near future.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,284
Posts638,772
Members49,765
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,459 Shoretel
188,321 CTX100 install
187,092 1a2 system
Newest Members
Nadisale, andreww, gohunt, Darrick, telecopippo
49,764 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 23
teleco 5
jc2it 4
dans 3
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 127 guests, and 348 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024