web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
I'm trying to manage a CIX670 with eManager. Where do I go to find out caller ID info? Some extensions seem to share a number shown when calling out, others show their direct dial line, some are empty. No idea where to look. I feel like I'm reading hieroglyphics, though I might take that over eManager right now. smile

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

OP Offline
Originally Posted by LonelyAdmin
I'm trying to manage a CIX670 with eManager. Where do I go to find out caller ID info? Some extensions seem to share a number shown when calling out, others show their direct dial line, some are empty. No idea where to look. I feel like I'm reading hieroglyphics, though I might take that over eManager right now. smile

Ok, here's what I have found...

eManager->Trunk->Calling Number
Choose OLG "1" (Looks like I only have one)
321 01 Default number is blank
321 02 Prefix is set to local area code, 3 digits
322 01 Source is Prime DN (don't know what the other choices mean)
322 02 Source Number is 3 digit extension, either type it or list then choose
322 03 Will populate with 6 digit calling number appended to 321-01. (What will it send if blank?)

Are there any other pieces I'm missing?

Usually I will add the main number in the default number. If the PBX doesn't send up a phone number then the carrier will usually attach the BTN (main number). If you assign the last 7 digits of the caller ID to the extension, then the system will add the default area code along and send the full 10 digits to the carrier.

It's a major pain when you have some extensions that want to send out a different area code. Toshiba did this a little better in the IPEdge.

OP Offline
Got it, thanks!
Is IPEdge an option for me? I don't even remember where I found a copy of eManager.

I probably should not have mentioned IPEdge without some explanation. This was the PBX replacement for the Strata CIX. Like all Toshiba telecom products, they are no longer available. The eManager software is your only option to manage a CIX.

Last edited by newtecky; 06/07/21 01:12 PM.
OP Offline
Got it. Thanks newtucky!

Moderated by  Carlos#1, phonemeister 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,696
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,709 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 12
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
teleco 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Toner), 131 guests, and 249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024