web statisticsweb stats Business Phone Systems Tech Talk Forum - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
OP Offline
,An NEC DSX 40 & A Door King telephone entry intercom system. It is used at a gate to ring the house, some 3600 feet away, via a telephone line and a co port on a DSX 40. It rings a simple land line phone on the same line , but it will not ring the DSX 40 co port. There is noise on the line and a hum. The POTS uses old Ma Bell burial cable may be at least a cat 3.
I replaced a DSX 40 DSU, my first one, There was wiring from 3 past phone systems over 30 years. Several pairs were spliced here and there and changed colors 3 times from the gate to the house. There was an old Valcom door box and gate opener still hot from 20 years ago. As I installed the new DSU I I had to have one color CO wires and a CO line surge protector. After I did that the front door call box and the gate would not work. After a day and no use to me tech support, I found out that that was a use to be gate opener and call box. I removed it and a ring generator that looked like the pairs went into the house somewhere.
Ok so where I am at now is The Door King works fine except it will not ring the DSX40. It will ring the DSX 40 if you call the phone number. It will ring the DSX40 if I put my Butset on monitor, each time. But just normal it won't ring it. They said it use to ring it. It rings the cordless? It seems to me it just needs a little more HZ or & a little less noise. So I am thinking this this ring generator, Tellabs 8101 has something to do with it? I have never hooked one up though. I do not want to damage the DSU. I really need to get this thing working before the weekend is out. Places that I would call for support and possibly a small magic black box are usually closed Sat Sun. These people are going out of town for a month. They will not pay me until the Doorking rings the DSX40 throughout the house. I would appreciate anyone's help on this.

Brent

Last edited by Schreiber; 09/25/21 02:58 AM.
Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Spam Hunter
Spam Hunter
Moving topic to the NEC forum.

I Love FEATURE 00
Did you move to a different CO port on the KSU? Also, how long did you let it ring? It may be looking for Caller ID.

Moderated by  ttech 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,262
Posts638,693
Members49,757
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
211,098 Shoretel
187,703 CTX100 install
186,794 1a2 system
Newest Members
BPopilek, Rich F, LewisR, TDKs79, Buttinset
49,757 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
dexman 18
Toner 14
TDKs79 8
jc2it 4
Who's Online Now
1 members (Curlycord), 81 guests, and 241 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024