web statisticsweb stats

Business Phone Systems

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Version 5.0 for the Mitel 5000 supports full unified messaging. V5 is released this month.
The EM voicemail is all but gone now

Atcom VoIP Phones
VoIP Demo

Best VoIP Phones Canada

Visit Atcom to get started with your new business VoIP phone system ASAP
Turn up is quick, painless, and can often be done same day.
Let us show you how to do VoIP right, resulting in crystal clear call quality and easy-to-use features that make everyone happy!
Proudly serving Canada from coast to coast.

Tim - Are you talking about the basic voicemail in the 5000? I don't think that would work for us because we have about 15 sites, about half on the 5000 and half still on the Axxess.

Our vendor just upgraded our NuPoint voicemail system and it made things worse, without fixing any of the integration problems we were having. We're on 3.2.4.54 for the 5000s though, I'm not sure if updating those would help.

About how many voicemail users do you have?

Also, what kind of problems are you having w\ the NuPoint?

We have about 400 voicemail boxes.

Some of our most important issues:
-MWI not working for unassociated mailboxes at all, not consistent for associated mailboxes
-Voicemail delivery is delayed randomly for different mailboxes (will show up hours or days later)
-Advanced Unified messaging (with MAPI gateway) does not consistently integrate with Exchange mailboxes. It works fine for some, works partially for others, and doesn't work at all of others.
-Phones don't show a count of new messages. They will show "1 new message" regardless of the amount in the mailbox.
-After last upgrade, skipping forward and backward (* and # keys) only works intermittently (DTMF problem?)

Those are just the higher-priority things off the top of my head, I could add to that list.

Hi, Yes basic voicemail on Mitel 5k will support UM also it can now expand upto 32 ports, if on a CS a ps1 is required to get to 32 ports.
Also as of V5 the basic VM will co-exist with a Nupoint. HX controller will need a PS1 if it has a high call rate.
Each Mitel 5K with PS1 supports max 250 mailboxes with UM. Without PS1 100 mailbox

What is the limit for mailboxes without UM? I'm wondering if we could have all 400 of our mailboxes at one site with basic voicemail, if only 20-30 use UM. Then we could either use the NuPoint for our applications or move them over to the BVM as well.

There is no set limit for mailboxes, storage space is the limiting factor. A 512MB flash allows around 80 hours,storage on a PS1 should not be an issue. The limits are for mailboxes with UM.

Although the new BVM and Nupoint can reside on the same system Mitel recomends using the Nupoint for VM storage and the BVM for STARS, CRAs Queue position and wait time only.

5.0 requires a 1 Gig card and recommends a 2 gig

I would go with no less than the 2 gig CF I am upgrading our office this week with the 2 gig at that point I can say how I feel about the 5.0 from the training it looks like it will add some nice features

Randy

How can you have a NuPoint and a bvm working at the same time. For EM I always had to turn off bvm in the phone system?

Spydre - EM on Axxess/Mitel here, 416 mailboxes across five office locations and about 25 remote users. Was a tad tricky to set up, but works. All mailboxes on main office's Axxess (v10), talking to one other US based Axxess and three Mitels, two in US, one in UK.

Carmac
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Stix1 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Statistics
Forums84
Topics94,291
Posts638,815
Members49,767
Most Online5,661
May 23rd, 2018
Popular Topics(Views)
212,391 Shoretel
189,115 CTX100 install
187,421 1a2 system
Newest Members
Robbks, A2A Networks, James D., Nadisale, andreww
49,767 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
Toner 26
teleco 7
dexman 5
jsaad 4
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 124 guests, and 391 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Contact Us | Sponsored by Atcom: One of the best VoIP Phone Canada Suppliers for your business telephone system!| Terms of Service

Sundance Communications is not affiliated with any of the above manufacturers. Sundance Phone System Forums - VOIP & Cloud Phone Help
©Copyright Sundance Communications 1998-2024